AdultShop.com’s Board Rejects Sexyland’s $5.7M Offer

MELBOURNE — AdultShop.com’s board of directors on Tuesday rejected Sexyland’s $5.7 million (U.S.) takeover bid.

The board notes that Sexyland’s takeover offer “is at a substantial discount” and that each board member disapproved of the deal to sell AdultShop.com shares for 93 cents (U.S.) a share and 0.66 cents for each option.

AdultShop.com’s board have asked for shareholders to take no action on the matter, according to a statement to the Australian Securities Exchange.

Sexyland owner Angelo Abela earlier this month cited AdultShop.com’s share price and profit underperformance as justification for a bid.

Online sex emporium AdultShop.com is owned by Malcolm Day, whose empire at one time was worth about $110 million.

In 2000, just a year after it was listed as a public company in Australia, AdultShop.com was worth $660 million. Now its market value is just $2.6 million.

Day said Australian laws, which made the sale of adult films illegal in most Australian states, had limited the growth of AdultShop.com.

Sexyland describes its ''success is attributed to its friendly yet professional customer service coupled with warehouse-sized stores which have been uniquely designed and decorated to make shopping at Sexyland a fun and exciting experience.''

Sexyland, according to the statement made to the Australian Securities Exchange, indicated that it will formally bid for AdultShop.com on Oct. 31, sending AdultShop.com shareholders a proxy statement in about three weeks.

Day told the Australia Sunday Times last month he was considering privatizing AdultShop.com and looking at new business ventures. He said he wanted to raise up to $1.2 million to fund possible acquisitions in the ``technology, industrial and resources industries.”

Day said the company could go as far as replacing its board and himself as director.

“My knowledge could assist in finding the right deal — bearing in mind we would employ independent experts anyway — but then when the company found a deal I would probably come off as a director,'' he said.

“We haven't made any hard decisions yet, we're just doing the rights issue in the first step and then we're going to have a look at what opportunities are around.”

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Hot Octopuss Debuts 'Jett Turbo' Male Stimulator

Pleasure brand Hot Octopuss has introduced its new Jett Turbo male frenulum stimulator.

MyMember.site Integrates Bluesky Functionality

MyMember.site has added Bluesky features to its website management platform.

Fleshlight, Hentaied Team Up to Launch New Product Line

Fleshlight and Hentaied have partnered to launch the new Fleshlight x Hentaied collection.

Orion Debuts New Vibrator From 'Javida' Line

Orion Wholesale has introduced a new two-function vibrator from its Javida line.

GirlsDoPorn Defendants Ordered to Pay Victims $75.5 Million

A federal court has ordered former GirlsDoPorn owner Michael Pratt and his co-defendants in the GDP sex trafficking case to pay restitution totaling $75,568,283.47 to 106 victims.

Harry Styles Restocks, Expands 'Pleasing Yourself' Collection

Harry Styles’ pleasure brand Pleasing has restocked its Pleasing Yourself line of double-sided dildos and lube, and added branded apparel.

SWR Data Publishes 'Clip Trend' Report

Adult industry market research outfit SWR Data has published a report on the performance of clip platforms and sales.

Another German Court Rejects Blocking Orders Against Pornhub, YouPorn

A German court has blocked the Rhineland-Palatinate Media Authority (MA RLP) from forcing telecom providers based within the court’s jurisdiction to cut off access to Aylo-owned adult sites Pornhub and YouPorn.

Kiiroo Introduces New Luxy Dutch Stroker

Kiiroo has debuted the new Luxy Dutch stroker sleeve from its FeelStar line.

Ofcom Fines Kick Online Entertainment $1 Million for AV Noncompliance

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Thursday fined Kick Online Entertainment 800,000 pounds (more than $1 million) for failing to implement age checks as required for compliance with the Online Safety Act.

Show More