CES to Move Away From AEE in 2010

LAS VEGAS — Organizers of the upcoming 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) have decided to exit the Sands Expo and Convention Center, leaving behind the annual Adult Entertainment Expo (AEE) that has shared the same venue for many years.

The Consumer Electronics Association, which organizes CES, confirmed late last month that it would abandon the Sands’ exhibit floor and consolidate at the Las Vegas Convention Center and Las Vegas Hilton, along with a limited number of suites for exhibitors and press events at The Venetian.

Both shows, as in the past, coincide on the same days. In 2010, the dates are slated for Jan. 7-10.

The decision to pull out of the Sands could impact attendance to AEE, which has been connected at the hip with CES as far back as in the early 1990s when there was only a rope separating the two shows. In fact, AEE originally was a component of the CES show.

The possibility of the disappearance of CES attendees who historically have ventured over to AEE has definitely hit the radar of AVN, the Sands and Home Entertainment Events (HEE), which puts on the event.

So far, the show’s promoters and the Sands haven’t figured if CES’ announcement means a meaningful drop in fan attendance.

“Truth be told, I don’t know the answer to that,” Las Vegas Sands Corp. spokesman Ron Reese told XBIZ. “Our salespeople have had dialogue over the issue, but nothing has been made out of it.”

According to Sean Devlin, a spokesman for HEE, less than one-half of the AEE’s consumer attendance segment also attends CES.

“Historically, CES has never been our core customer,” Devlin told XBIZ. “There’s this perception out there that most of the fans that come out to the show are trick-or-treaters from CES.”

Sarah Szabo, a spokeswoman for CES, told XBIZ that the decision to move out of the Sands was made because of an opportunity that presented them to consolidate much of the facilities into one.

“CES is moving the show because construction that was to take place at the convention center was canceled, and this way we could keep the registration and show floors in one central area,” she said. “And, in the past, the show’s venues were too spread out.”

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Nexus Expands 'Bendz' Collection

Nexus has introduced a collection of anal plugs from its Bendz line.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

Reagan Foxx Headlines 'Mom's Little Cuck' From Reality Junkies

2023 XMAs MILF Performer of the Year Reagan Foxx toplines "Mom’s Little Cuck" from Mile High Media studio imprint Reality Junkies.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Orion Debuts 2 New Styles From Cottelli Lingerie

Orion Wholesale has introduced two new styles from its Cottelli Lingerie line.

Clémence Audiard on Blending Gonzo With High-Style Eroticism

There's an unmistakable radiance that surrounds Clémence Audiard — a glow born of the power to manifest her own vision. With Clemence Crave, her self-funded and self-directed production house, Audiard has sculpted a universe entirely her own.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Magic Silk Expands 'Exposed' Line With 'Sinful' Collection

Magic Silk has expanded its Exposed line of lingerie with the Sinful collection.

Sofie Marie Makes Her WIFEY Debut

Sofie Marie stars with her husband Spike, Dan Damage, and Isiah Maxwell in the latest release from Vixen Media Group studio imprint WIFEY.

Show More