ETU-Cash's Parent Drops Plan to Sue Over Web-host Shutdown

BARCELONA — New Concept Business, which lost about $5,000 a day after the Federal Trade Commission shut down access for web-hosting firm Pricewert last month, has dropped its plan to become a third-party litigant against the government, XBIZ has learned.

All told, Barcelona-based New Concept Business — operators of ETU-Cash.com and Cash.Pornocruto.es affiliate programs — lost about $250,000 after a judge signed a temporary injunction against San Jose, Calif.-based Pricewert, according to the adult operator’s attorney.

Pricewert — doing business as 3FN.net, Triple Fiber Network, APX Telecom and APS Communications — was accused of shielding clients engaged in criminal activities that include child pornography. Regulators also charged Pricewert of operating a botnet with command-and-control servers aimed at disseminating malware and conducting phishing attacks.

As a result one of its customers, New Concept Business, which also operates nearly two dozen adult websites with mostly sexual role-playing fantasy themes, was confronted with inoperable and truncated websites, destruction of webmaster program relationships and loss of funds from chargebacks and refunds.

According to the FTC, the decision to shut off Pricewert’s access wasn’t based on finding that it had violated the law, but that there was suspicion it was involved in illegal activities.

Attorney E. James Perullo, of Boston-based Bay State Legal Services, who represents New Concept Business, said he’s disappointed by the company’s decision to not go after the FTC.

“New Concept Business has decided to drop the case against the FTC since they got all the data that was earlier taken by the FTC,” Perullo told XBIZ. “It appears that NCB makes more money in a month than it is worth to them to get any damage award from the court.”

Perullo said that the FTC had no legal reason to convince a federal judge to permit an injunction against an ISP’s entire operation, adding the “judiciary is not enlightened enough to understand how an ISP works in the year 2009.”

“Though I am happy for NCB to have gotten their data back, I’m also pissed because I no longer have a client to make an argument against the FTC — and the FTC deserves a slap,” he said.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

FSC Updates Complaint in Tennessee AV Case, AG Motions to Dismiss

The Free Speech Coalition this week filed an amended complaint in its lawsuit challenging the Protect Tennessee Minors Act as unconstitutional, in response to which the Tennessee attorney general motioned for dismissal of the case.

Cherie DeVille Joins Woodhull Freedom Foundation 'Free Speech' Panel

Multi-XMAs winner Cherie DeVille will join the upcoming Woodhull Freedom Foundation panel series "Fact Checked by Woodhull," addressing free speech on Feb. 26.

Wisconsin AV Bill Moves Ahead, Minus Anti-VPN Provisions

The Wisconsin state Senate on Wednesday advanced a bill that would require adult websites to verify the ages of users, but approved an amendment striking proposed language that would have required sites to block virtual private network traffic.

Pineapple Support Introduces 'Wellbeing by PS' Service

Pineapple Support has debuted its new Wellbeing by PS service, providing mental health support packages for companies and agencies.

MyMember.site Integrates Bluesky Functionality

MyMember.site has added Bluesky features to its website management platform.

GirlsDoPorn Defendants Ordered to Pay Victims $75.5 Million

A federal court has ordered former GirlsDoPorn owner Michael Pratt and his co-defendants in the GDP sex trafficking case to pay restitution totaling $75,568,283.47 to 106 victims.

SWR Data Publishes 'Clip Trend' Report

Adult industry market research firm SWR Data has published a report on clip platform performance and sales.

Another German Court Rejects Blocking Orders Against Pornhub, YouPorn

A German court has blocked the Rhineland-Palatinate Media Authority (MA RLP) from forcing telecom providers based within the court’s jurisdiction to cut off access to Aylo-owned adult sites Pornhub and YouPorn.

Ofcom Fines Kick Online Entertainment $1 Million for AV Noncompliance

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Thursday fined Kick Online Entertainment 800,000 pounds (more than $1 million) for failing to implement age checks as required for compliance with the Online Safety Act.

FSC Details Legislative Outlook for 2026

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) has laid out the legislative outlook for the industry in 2026.

Show More