Yahoo Search Falls Behind Microsoft's Porn-Friendly Bing

REDMOND, Wash. — Bing is poised to become the second most popular search engine in the nation, but it's still a long way from dethroning the reigning monarch.

Microsoft's much-ballyhooed search engine saw its launch last month, and in the intervening time has been collecting accolades for its generally strong function and ability to find adult videos. Though to be fair, the latter accolades have mostly come from the adult industry.

Now according to the StatCounter traffic analysis service, Bing is already set to supplant perennial second-fiddle Yahoo as the second most popular search engine in the land.

Here's the current tally: Bing attracts about 13 percent of search traffic, while Yahoo lags behind with 10. Meanwhile, tech giant Google still commands the remaining three-quarters of search traffic.

Nonetheless, Bing drew praise from leading tech blog TechCrunch.com.

"In any event, while Google shouldn’t be particularly worried about losing its dominance on the search market yet, the other players in the field better be watching Bing’s progress very closely," analyst Robin Wauters said. "Microsoft is doing it right, and users are noticing, too."

Bing also caught the attention of the adult industry for its ability to find and organize adult videos into easily playable thumbnail lists. In addition, Microsoft rolled out the porn-specific domain Explicit.Bing.net to give network administrators better control over how much adult content they want to see in their search results.

But adult industry member Media of ArchiveCash.com isn't so happy about Bing's ascendance.

"I think that Microsoft either knowingly, or even possibly unknowingly created a giant, illegal tube site with instant watch technology," he told XBIZ, later adding, "They're messing with peoples property rights and they are operating under the protection of a search engine umbrella with no 2257 or copyright restrictions. If it catches on more than it already has, it will cost us all a lot more money down the road, even more than we're already seeing from the content thieves and rampant downloading and sharing that we already deal with day to day."

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Brazzers Launches Model Management Division 'Brazzers Creator'

Brazzers has launched its new full-service model management division, Brazzers Creator, offering content management services across multiple platforms.

Show More