Colt Studio Goes Wireless With Decade Mobile

LOS ANGELES — Mobile content provider Decade Mobile announced an exclusive multiyear distribution deal with COLT Studio Group today, promising to bring the 40-year-old gay production company’s content into the hands of mobile consumers across the globe.

Representatives at the company said content from the COLT, Minute Man, Buckshot, Legendary Bodies and COLT Calendar lines is set to be featured with mobile video clips, graphics and wallpaper downloads. The companies also are planning to market COLT-branded ringtones, a web-based storefront and other mobile applications that tie back to COLT’s extensive existing sales channels.

“No one in the mobile business today has the mobile content experience, distribution relationships and product plans we found at Decade Mobile,” John Rutherford of COLT Studio Group said. “They’re developing products that take the consumer wireless experience in directions that others haven’t even thought of, and we want those products in the COLT portfolio.”

Saran Ganesh, Decade Mobile’s director of products and programming, said her company would support the new deal through sales and distribution offices in the United States, Europe and Australia.

Ganesh added that the biggest issue facing the company in the mobile space right now would be concerns over age verification, regional obscenity laws and legal compliance.

“Both the biggest opportunity and challenge in this market is legal compliance and age verification,” Ganesh said. “A number of our competitors are turning a blind eye to Section 2257 and regional obscenity issues. Given today’s legal environment, they run the very real risk of getting themselves or their content partners in serious trouble.”

Ganesh stressed that distribution, production, billing and legal compliance were critical to a successful mobile strategy, and said Decade Mobile had already partnered with several top-name billing system providers for carrier and off-network distribution and billing, including Network Telephone Services.

“Working together, Decade Mobile and COLT will expand COLT’s market position in the mobile space,” she said.

Decade Mobile plans to employ extensive chat and voice applications around COLT’s content, Ganesh said.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Brazil Invites Public Input on AV Guidelines

Brazil’s National Data Protection Authority (ANPD) on Friday launched a public consultation on developing guidelines for age verification mechanisms under the country’s Digital Statute for Children and Adolescents (Digital ECA), which requires adult websites to age-verify users located in Brazil.

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Show More