U.S. Judge Puts Limits on Flynt Media Corp.

LOS ANGELES — The federal judge who heard oral arguments last week over a proposed injunction relative to the Flynt name has sided with Larry Flynt and LFP Inc.

U.S. District Judge A. Howard Matz has issued a preliminary injunction against Flynt Media Corp. and its owners, Jimmy Flynt II and Dustin Flynt, over use of the Flynt name on adult-themed goods.

Larry Flynt, upon hearing the judge’s decision, told XBIZ he was confident he would eventually prevail in the trademark case.

“We won the first two rounds,” he said. “ So everything is going our way.”

Matz ordered that the company be restrained from marketing and distributing any products “which contain the word ‘Flynt’ in any typographical format and phrase, including ‘Flynt Media Corp.’ and ‘FlyntCorp Distribution.’”

The judge also said the company can’t promote “Flynt” adult products or services on websites, including FlyntDistribution.com and FlyntCorp.com, unless there is a disclaimer saying that the products aren’t affiliated with Larry Flynt or his various divisions.

But Matz said his ruling doesn’t prohibit Flynt Media Corp. from marketing or distributing adult-themed goods “that specifically contain their full and actual names (i.e. ‘Jimmy and Dustin Flynt’) so long as it also contains, in conspicuous bold and all capitalized letters, a disclaimer that states that Larry Flynt is not affiliated with the product or services and does not endorse them.”

“The preliminary injunction is effective immediately,” the judge ruled.

Matz said in the ruling that Larry Flynt and LFP have demonstrated a probability of success on the merits of their claims against Flynt Media Corp. for violation of portions of the Lanham Act, which governs trademark law.

“Plaintiffs would likely suffer irreparable injury without this court’s intervention, and the public interest in preventing consumer deception as to the source of the respective products of plaintiffs and defendants would be served by the issuance of preliminary injunctive relief to plaintiffs,” Matz said.

Matz set a jury trial date of July 28. Both sides indicated that they would try to settle before then, though the judge said a meeting between the Flynts was not well-advised.

“When you have an uncle and two nephews at war with each other, sometimes it's better to keep them apart,” said Matz, who also ordered that Larry Flynt and LFP post an increased surety bond of $75,000, up from $35,000.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Hailey Rose Talks New 'Titwoman' Showcase for Elegant Angel

Keisha Gray, Angela White, Octavia Red, and Blake Blossom. These are the well-endowed women who have played the character of "Titwoman" for Elegant Angel.

Digital Playground Premieres Ricky Greenwood's Feature Comedy 'In The Bag'

Digital Playground has dropped “In The Bag,” a ‘70s-inspired comedy from multi-XMAs winner Ricky Greenwood.

Jasmine Sherni Performs 1st Gangbang for Brazzers

Jasmine Sherni performs her first gangbang in the latest Brazzers release, "Operation Open Wide."

Carmen Valentina Stars in Latest Release From FreeUse

Carmen Valentina stars in the latest POV release from FreeUse.

Phoenix Marie, Cory Chase Star in Latest From MILFY

Phoenix Marie and Cory Chase star with Dan Damage in the latest release from Vixen Media Group studio imprint MILFY.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

Reagan Foxx Headlines 'Mom's Little Cuck' From Reality Junkies

2023 XMAs MILF Performer of the Year Reagan Foxx toplines "Mom’s Little Cuck" from Mile High Media studio imprint Reality Junkies.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Clémence Audiard on Blending Gonzo With High-Style Eroticism

There's an unmistakable radiance that surrounds Clémence Audiard — a glow born of the power to manifest her own vision. With Clemence Crave, her self-funded and self-directed production house, Audiard has sculpted a universe entirely her own.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Show More