Cybernet Expo Returns to San Francisco for June 2009 Event

SAN FRANCISCO — Cybernet Expo will return to San Francisco for its 12th annual trade show June 11-13, 2009.

Cybernet Expo features seminars on operating adult websites for profit, networking opportunities and events such as marketing presentations and networking events.

Some events scheduled for Cybernet Expo 2009 are roundtable sessions for the Free Speech Coalition, Kink.com’s closing night tour at the armory, D-Money’s Rock the Ball and the likely return of the XXXIronman.

YNOT’s LAJ, who serves as director of operations for Cybernet Expo, said that the company is planning on launching more events this year than at the 2008 event.

“Since last year was the first year that YNOT took over the show from previous owners Fay Sharp and Dave Gould, it was really a test for us given that it was a new city,” LAJ told XBIZ. “Now the learning curve of wholly running the show is out of the way so we can focus on a lot more.”

The show will once again be held at San Francisco’s Golden Gateway hotel in downtown San Francisco. This is the second straight year the show will take place in San Francisco. In 2007 it was held in Tampa, Fla., and in previous years was held in San Diego.

The Golden Gateway Hotel is a 26-floor, 500-room hotel with broadband access, located in the heart of San Francisco. The hotel has more than 18,000 square feet of meeting space.

“After last year's smashing success, and how wonderful it was to work with the hotel personnel, it was an easy decision to return to the Golden Gateway for a second year” LAJ said. “San Francisco has proven to be an excellent host city for our show, and the weather in June there can't be beat.”

YNOT President Connor Young said that the company has already confirmed several sponsors, including Movie Dollars, Adult Paymaster, the law firm of Eric M. Bernstein and Associates, Global Access and Alternative Merchant Processing.

“YNOT is definitely excited about the opportunity to return to San Francisco and we’ll be looking to make the 2009 Cybernet show even more memorable for our sponsors and attendees,” Young said.

Sponsorship and speaking opportunities will become available in October when CybernetExpo.com relaunches. Interested companies should contact LAJ for additional details. LAJ can be reached at jay@ynot.com.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Brazil Invites Public Input on AV Guidelines

Brazil’s National Data Protection Authority (ANPD) on Friday launched a public consultation on developing guidelines for age verification mechanisms under the country’s Digital Statute for Children and Adolescents (Digital ECA), which requires adult websites to age-verify users located in Brazil.

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Show More