City of Miami Seeks to Shutter CocoDorm

MIAMI — An Aug. 13 article in the “Miami Herald” recently summarized a yearlong attempt by the City of Miami’s Code Enforcement Board to evict CocoDorm.com performers who are living and working in a home in the city’s Edgewater neighborhood.

CocoDorm has filed a countersuit in federal court alleging First Amendment violations.

The Code Enforcement Board ruled last year that CocoDorm was illegally operating an adult business in a residential district. Miami promptly ordered a closure. Adult businesses within city limits are restricted to industrial areas and require specific approval to operate.

CocoDorm’s subsequent federal lawsuit argues several points: the actual residence is not open to the public and order fulfillment is accomplished at a separate location. These facts, CocoDorm argues, disqualify the residence’s classification as an adult business.

They additionally cite a 2001 appeals court ruling in Tampa that allowed VoyeurDorm.com to remain in operation.

“Like Miami, Tampa tried to use its adult-business zoning laws to shut down a webcam-filled house, in this case occupied by women,” the newspaper wrote. “But the appeals court, ruling in the website’s favor, found that VoyeurDorm’s customers weren’t gathering at the Tampa home — or anywhere else in Tampa.”

A jury trial had been set for December. However, CocoDorm’s legal team filed legal documents on Thursday, Aug. 14 asking for a summary judgment in their favor.

FlavaWorks owner Phillip Bleicher expressed puzzlement over the newspaper account.

“Why the ‘Miami Herald’ ran the story now makes no sense,” he told XBIZ. “After all, we’ve just filed for a summary judgment, which we are expected to win, and then the case [will be] settled in CocoDorm’s favor.”

He said Miami has been unsuccessful in closing CocoDorm, “and when we win our judgment as we’re expecting, there will be nothing left for them to do.

“Plus, all of this media attention to the CocoDorm has been great for the site,” Bleicher added. “ Membership is way up and we’re receiving far more applications from [men] wanting to be models.”

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

FSC Updates Complaint in Tennessee AV Case, AG Motions to Dismiss

The Free Speech Coalition this week filed an amended complaint in its lawsuit challenging the Protect Tennessee Minors Act as unconstitutional, in response to which the Tennessee attorney general motioned for dismissal of the case.

Cherie DeVille Joins Woodhull Freedom Foundation 'Free Speech' Panel

Multi-XMAs winner Cherie DeVille will join the upcoming Woodhull Freedom Foundation panel series "Fact Checked by Woodhull," addressing free speech on Feb. 26.

Wisconsin AV Bill Moves Ahead, Minus Anti-VPN Provisions

The Wisconsin state Senate on Wednesday advanced a bill that would require adult websites to verify the ages of users, but approved an amendment striking proposed language that would have required sites to block virtual private network traffic.

Pineapple Support Introduces 'Wellbeing by PS' Service

Pineapple Support has debuted its new Wellbeing by PS service, providing mental health support packages for companies and agencies.

MyMember.site Integrates Bluesky Functionality

MyMember.site has added Bluesky features to its website management platform.

GirlsDoPorn Defendants Ordered to Pay Victims $75.5 Million

A federal court has ordered former GirlsDoPorn owner Michael Pratt and his co-defendants in the GDP sex trafficking case to pay restitution totaling $75,568,283.47 to 106 victims.

SWR Data Publishes 'Clip Trend' Report

Adult industry market research firm SWR Data has published a report on clip platform performance and sales.

Another German Court Rejects Blocking Orders Against Pornhub, YouPorn

A German court has blocked the Rhineland-Palatinate Media Authority (MA RLP) from forcing telecom providers based within the court’s jurisdiction to cut off access to Aylo-owned adult sites Pornhub and YouPorn.

Ofcom Fines Kick Online Entertainment $1 Million for AV Noncompliance

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Thursday fined Kick Online Entertainment 800,000 pounds (more than $1 million) for failing to implement age checks as required for compliance with the Online Safety Act.

FSC Details Legislative Outlook for 2026

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) has laid out the legislative outlook for the industry in 2026.

Show More