Max Hardcore Lawyers Petition for Retrial

TAMPA, Fla. — Attorneys for adult producer/performer Max Hardcore have filed a petition for retrial after a jury returned guilty verdicts on all federal counts of obscenity earlier this month.

"Some of the grounds had to deal with sufficiency of the evidence in some of the charges," attorney Daniel Aaronson, who represented Hardcore's company MaxWorld Entertainment during the trial, told XBIZ. "Five of the counts were 'mail counts,' as they're called, using the mail for the distribution of obscene materials. Part of the charge requires that somebody be responsible for the mailing. Our belief is that the evidence showed that, in fact, MaxWorld Entertainment, Inc. — or Paul Little [Hardcore's real name], neither one of them — did any of the mailing, so they shouldn't have been found guilty of that."

Aaronson also told XBIZ that the motion said that the government did not show or prove "community standards." Also, a juror was fired from her job during the trial and the legal team was not informed of that fact — which may have affected the juror's vote — by the trial court, and another juror had comments made to them during the trial which may have affected the outcome of the trial.

"There was a communication from one of the jurors to us saying that 'this juror does not want to watch all the movies.' This was never delved into by the trial court as to whether the other jurors felt that way, whether they had discussed the case prior to the time they were allowed to deliberate and whether this juror had, in fact, infected the other jurors with his beliefs prior to the time of deliberation," Aaronson said.

He added that the jurors did not view all the movies in their entirety, "and we believe that that violates the Miller standard, which requires that everything to be taken as a whole."

The petition was filed earlier this week. Aaronson said that the government would respond to the petition and there would either be a ruling before Hardcore's scheduled sentencing on Sept. 5 or a hearing at that time.

Related:  

Copyright © 2025 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Pure Taboo Debuts 'Behind the Scenes Documentary' for Latest 'Under the Bed'

Pure Taboo has released a behind-the-scenes documentary on its series “Under the Bed,” spotlighting the episode “The Growth.”

Connie Perignon Toplines David Perry's 'Sexual Desires 2'

Connie Perignon headlines director David Perry's “Sexual Desires 2” from Evil Angel.

Proposed New Hampshire AV Bill Appears to Violate Constitution

A bill in the New Hampshire state legislature, aimed at requiring adult sites to age-verify users in that state, contains a provision that seemingly contradicts the Supremacy Clause in Article VI of the U.S. Constitution.

Rae Sixty Nine Makes Her TransAngels Debut

Rae Sixty Nine has made her TransAngels debut opposite Adam x Lee in the studio’s latest release, titled “Cock Ride.”

Ariel Demure Toplines 'TS MILFs' From TransSensual

Reigning XMAs Trans Performer of the Year Ariel Demure headlines “TS MILFs,” the latest title from Mile High Media studio imprint TransSensual.

AEBN Publishes Report on Fetish Trends

AEBN has published a report on fetish categories from its straight and gay theaters.

Online Child Protection Hearing to Include Federal AV Bill

A House subcommittee will hold a hearing next week on a slate of bills aimed at protecting minors online, including the SCREEN Act, which would make site-based age verification of users seeking to access adult content federal law.

Lana Wolf Returns to Immoral Productions

British star Lana Wolf stars in a new two-part scene from Immoral Productions alongside Dean Van Damme and studio honcho “Porno” Dan Leal.

Lulu Chu, Connie Perignon Star in 'Locked, Cocked & Loaded' From Brazzers

Lulu Chu and Connie Perignon star with Victor Ray in the latest release from Brazzers, titled "Locked, Cocked & Loaded."

Adriana Chechik Returns to Evil Angel With Blowbang From Jonni Darkko

Adriana Chechik has returned to Evil Angel with a blowbang from director Jonni Darkko.

Show More