Stagliano was indicted on numerous obscenity charges last week, in relation to the mail and Internet distribution of two Evil Angel movies and the trailer for a third. Stagliano will make a statement at the conference, then take questions on the steps of the E. Barrett Pettyman Courthouse.
Stagliano has told XBIZ that he will plead not guilty on all charges, and is determined that his case to go to trial.
"We will fight these charges every step of the way,” Stagliano said. “With the war in Iraq going so well, Osama bin Laden captured, the economy thriving, our public school system fixed, and our crumbling infrastructure completely repaired, the Bush administration's top priority seems to be harassing filmmakers and watching our movies.”
“Evil Angel's films are completely legal,” said Karen Stagliano, Evil Angel’s publicist. “These movies are made by consenting adults, for consenting adults. We believe wholeheartedly in liberty, freedom of speech and the First Amendment, and we look forward to defeating these baseless charges.”
On Tuesday, Evil Angel launched DefendOurPorn.org, a website that serves as the company’s hub of information related to the obscenity prosecution.
For more information about the press conference, email Karen Stagliano at email@example.com.