Pregnant Man Interest Spikes After ‘Oprah’ Appearance

BEND, Ore. — Pregnant transgendered man Thomas Beatie created an online uproar when TV talk show host Oprah Winfrey announced his story on her show last week.

Beatie, who first came to media attention with a self-written article published in gay publication The Advocate, said that he has been living as a transgendered man for the past ten years, but retained his female reproductive organs. Through the process of artificial insemination, Beatie became pregnant and is expecting a daughter in July.

Since the mention on Oprah last week, online searches for keyword phrases like “pregnant man” and “Oregon pregnant man” spiked dramatically, and searches for Beatie’s name have increased nearly 3,000 percent.

In the Advocate article, Beatie pointed out that he is legally classified as male, and also legally married to his wife Nancy, who will become a mother when the child is born while Beatie steps into his role as father.

Beatie also stated that he and his wife have encountered many difficulties and negative reactions from healthcare providers, family and the public.

“Our situation sparks legal, political, and social unknowns. We have only begun experiencing opposition from people who are upset by our situation,” Beatie wrote in the article. “Doctors have discriminated against us, turning us away due to their religious beliefs. Healthcare professionals have refused to call me by a male pronoun or recognize Nancy as my wife. Receptionists have laughed at us. Friends and family have been unsupportive; most of Nancy’s family doesn’t even know I’m transgender.”

Beatie has received attention from several media outlets including Huffington Post,, Yahoo News, People.com, Buzz.com and Boing Boing.

News agency Rueters.com posted a video of Beatie’s neighbors commenting on the situation. Reuters reported also that Beatie is avoiding the press corps that has taken up camp outside his house.

On her show, Winfrey said that the pregnancy is "a new definition of what diversity means for everybody."

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Brazzers Launches Model Management Division 'Brazzers Creator'

Brazzers has launched its new full-service model management division, Brazzers Creator, offering content management services across multiple platforms.

FTC Promises 'Vigorous' TAKE IT DOWN Act Enforcement

The Federal Trade Commission is warning platforms that the agency will strongly enforce the notice-and-removal requirements of the TAKE IT DOWN Act, which go into effect next week on May 19.

Show More