Antiporn Attorney Angers Fla. Courts -- Again

CORAL GABLES, Fla. — The Florida Supreme Court is the latest judicial body to threaten sanctions against attorney Jack Thompson, an activist who is known for his efforts to restrict access to violent video games and impose strict regulations on adult entertainment.

On Tuesday, the court issued an order instructing Thompson to explain why the court should not reject future filings entered by Thompson unless those filings are signed by another member of the Florida Bar.

The court asserted that Thompson has cluttered the court’s processing system with “abusive” and “meritless filings,” according to the show-cause order issued Tuesday.

“This court is now forced to limit Mr. Thompson’s ability to monopolize this court’s time,” the order said, citing restrictions on court filings from two other cases.

Thompson was warned twice last year to stop filing motions with the court in connection to his disciplinary case, which has been assigned to Miami-Dade Judge Dava Tunis.

A defiant Thompson told reporters this week that “I have a right to file anything I want with the court.”

“It is beyond bizarre that they think they can tell me I can’t seek relief,” Thompson said. “They can deny relief, but they can’t tell me I can’t seek relief.”

Last April, Thompson was warned about his filings after he submitted “pornographic materials” to the court as part of an attempt to initiate disciplinary measures against a rival attorney. Thompson said that he has not filed anything with sexually explicit material since then, but acknowledged that he has filed other documents in that time.

According to the Florida Supreme Court, Thompson has filed more than 46 items that have been dismissed, denied or forwarded to the judge handling his disciplinary case. The court described his latest filings as repetitive and frivolous, adding that the filings “insult the integrity of the court.”

One of Thompson’s recent filings, which he termed a “children’s picture book for adults” combines text with images that he felt compelled to include due to “the court’s inability to comprehend” the arguments he made.

According to the court’s order this week, the images that Thompson filed included “swastikas, kangaroos in court, a reproduced dollar bill, cartoon squirrels, Paul Simon, Paul Newman, Ray Charles, a handprint with the word ‘slap’ written under it, Bar Governor Benedict P. Kuehne, a baby, Ed Bradley, Jack Nicholson, Justice Clarence Thomas, Julius Caesar, monkeys [and] a house of cards.”

Hearings in Thompson’s disciplinary proceedings were held in November, and Tunis has until April 21 to submit her recommendations to the state’s high court. In the meantime, Thompson has said that he plans to file a federal lawsuit against the Florida Bar and the Florida Supreme Court in response to the show-cause order.

Thompson has sued the bar before, alleging infringements on his right to free speech and an attempt to run him out of the legal profession, but Judge Adalberto Jordan dismissed the complaint.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Brazil Invites Public Input on AV Guidelines

Brazil’s National Data Protection Authority (ANPD) on Friday launched a public consultation on developing guidelines for age verification mechanisms under the country’s Digital Statute for Children and Adolescents (Digital ECA), which requires adult websites to age-verify users located in Brazil.

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Show More