Father of Kocis Files Suit Against Cuadra, Kerekes

WILKES-BARRE, Penn. — On Monday, the father of slain gay adult producer Brian Kocis filed suit against Harlow Cuadra, 26, and Joseph Kerekes, 34, the pair accused of murdering Kocis in January of last year.

Michael Kocis filed suit in the Luzerne County Court of Common Pleas for wrongful death and destruction of property.

“It was not something the family just wanted to give up on,” Kocis family attorney Conrad Falvello said. “We’re going after them.”

The lawsuit is asking for an unspecified amount of damages.

In the suit, Cuadra and Kerekes are accused of willfully entering Brian Kocis’ home and having “caused” the death of Kocis, as well as destruction of property when the house was set ablaze, allegedly to cover up the crime.

The house, which also was the location from which Brian Kocis ran his adult production company, had a fair market value of at least $170,000, with personal property and other contents valued at least $150,000, the suit said.

According to the suit, the family has also incurred expenses due to mental and physical pain, suffering and anguish caused by the death of Brian Kocis.

The suit also said that the death was caused by the “carelessness, recklessness, negligence, and/or wanton disregard for” Brian Kocis, and that “[Kocis] was caused to die from the fatal injuries sustained at the hands of the defendants,”

Cuadra and Kerekes are awaiting trial and being held in separate facilities. Both defendants are indigent and will be represented in court by public defenders. Prosecutors in the case are seeking the death penalty.

Cuadra and Kerekes, who co-owned a gay adult production company and website, are accused of murdering Brian Kocis, the owner of Cobra Video and who employed performer Brent Corrigan as an exclusive model. The crime allegedly is the result of an elaborate scheme by the defendants to free Corrigan from his contract with Kocis in order for the model to work for them.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Sofie Marie Makes Her WIFEY Debut

Sofie Marie stars with her husband Spike, Dan Damage, and Isiah Maxwell in the latest release from Vixen Media Group studio imprint WIFEY.

Elegant Angel Debuts James Avalon Drama 'Summer & Joy'

Elegant Angel has released the first installment of the James Avalon-helmed drama "Summer & Joy."

Octavia Red Stars in 'Lipstick on the Glass' From Deeper

Reigning XMAs Girl/Girl Performer of the Year Octavia Red stars with Ashley Lane and Mannie Coco in "Lipstick on the Glass," from Vixen Media Group studio imprint Deeper.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

Lucy Mochi Makes Her Blacked Debut

Lucy Mochi has made her debut for Vixen Media Group (VMG) studio imprint Blacked, alongside Hollywood Cash, in the studio’s latest release.

Gia Derza Toplines Latest Volume of Pat Myne's 'Gape For Days'

Gia Derza headlines director Pat Myne's "Gape For Days 6," from Evil Angel.

Lovita Fate, Betzz Lead Latest From Immoral Productions

Lovita Fate and Betzz star in a new Immoral Productions trilogy alongside Matt Bird, Rob Hudson, and studio honcho “Porno Dan” Leal.

Lucy Mochi Performs 1st Studio Anal for Brazzers

Lucy Mochi performs her first studio anal scene opposite Scott Nails in the latest Brazzers release, "Fresh and Ready for Anal."

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

Show More