Judge Dismisses Charges Against Five Star’s Ken Graham

PHOENIX — Over what one observer termed “strong and repeated government objections,” Judge Rosalyn O. Silver yesterday dismissed all charges against Ken Graham, co-owner of Five Star Video and Five Star Video Outlet.

A source intimately familiar with the case who asked to remain anonymous told XBIZ that the prosecution rested their case after the jury had viewed three of the four videos that the government alleged to be obscene and dismissed the counts related to the fourth video.

After the prosecution rested both the noncorporate defendants, Graham and Five Star’s other co-owner Chris Ankeney, moved to dismiss the charges.

After extensive arguments the judge considered the arguments and ruled that insufficient facts had been presented by the government for a reasonable jury to find that Graham had sufficient knowledge and control of the materials charged in the case, according to the source.

The source emphasized to XBIZ that the judge made her ruling despite “strong and repeated government objections.”

“The judge indicated that it was a very close call for Mr. Ankeney, as well,” the source told XBIZ, meaning that the government had managed to produce just enough evidence to avoid dismissal of the charges against Ankeney.

With the dismissal of the charges against Graham and the dropping of charges against JM Productions last week, what started as a case with charges aimed at three human beings, (Graham, Ankeney and JM Production’s Jeff Steward), and three corporate entities (Five Star Video, Five Star Video Outlet and JM Productions) is now a case involving one human being and two corporate entities.

Jeffrey Douglas, attorney for Graham, and Richard Hertzberg, attorney for Ankeney, were unavailable for comment at press time.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Brazil Invites Public Input on AV Guidelines

Brazil’s National Data Protection Authority (ANPD) on Friday launched a public consultation on developing guidelines for age verification mechanisms under the country’s Digital Statute for Children and Adolescents (Digital ECA), which requires adult websites to age-verify users located in Brazil.

WSST Partners With OEJ to Launch 'Cristal Collection'

We Sell Sex Toys (WSST) has partnered with Our Erotic Journey (OEJ), adding the Cristal Collection to its curated catalog of pleasure products.

E-Stim Introduces 'The Slider' System

E-Stim Systems has introduced The Slider insertable electrode system.

Orion Expands 'Bad Kitty' Line

Orion Wholesale has added two new chain collars to its Bad Kitty collection of fetish accessories.

Eldorado Releases 2026 Lingerie Catalog

Eldorado Trading Co. has released its 2026 Lingerie Catalog.

Pipedream Names Sunny Winkleman Account Executive

Pipedream Products has appointed Sunny Winkleman as its new account executive.

Nexus Expands 'Ascend' Line

Nexus has expanded its Ascend collection with the new Extreme thrusting and rotating massager.

Blush Expands 'Performance' Line With 3 New Penis Extender Sleeves

Blush has expanded its Performance collection with three new extender sleeves.

Nexus Expands 'Bendz' Collection

Nexus has introduced a collection of anal plugs from its Bendz line.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

Show More