China Bans Advertisements for Sex Toys, Underwear

BEIJING — In the latest crackdown on what the Chinese government considers immoral and subversive, the State Administration of Radio, Film and Television (SARFT) has moved to ban advertisements for sex toys, sexual enhancement medications, form-fitting underwear and push-up bras.

On the heels of a recent ban against “sexually suggestive noises” on Chinese TV and radio, the SARFT has increased its efforts to clean up the airwaves prior to a meeting of the 17th Party Congress, which is held every five years, and at which key national leaders are appointed and policy is set for the next few years.

“Every TV advertisement management bureau and TV station must strengthen their political consciousness and responsibility toward society,” SARFT spokesman said.

Previously, the agency also had banned TV programs featuring talent competitions, plastic surgery and sex-change operations, deeming the programming content to be unacceptable. A few weeks ago, the agency also closed down 11 radio talk shows, finding the topics of discussion pornographic in nature.

A notice posted on the SARFT website said, “Illegal sexual medication advertisements and other harmful ads pose a grave threat to society.

“They not only seriously mislead consumers, harm the people's health, pollute the social environment, and corrupt social mores, but also directly harm the credibility of public broadcasting and affect the image of the Communist Party and the government,” the statement continued.

Meanwhile, on Sept. 27, in the Liaoning province of China, a model posed for photos in a bra and panty set handmade by craftsmen out of 950 grams of solid gold, suggesting that with an economy that is increasingly influenced by commercial interests in the West, governmental agencies may have to be extra diligent, in terms of preventing access to provocative content.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Brazil Invites Public Input on AV Guidelines

Brazil’s National Data Protection Authority (ANPD) on Friday launched a public consultation on developing guidelines for age verification mechanisms under the country’s Digital Statute for Children and Adolescents (Digital ECA), which requires adult websites to age-verify users located in Brazil.

WSST Partners With OEJ to Launch 'Cristal Collection'

We Sell Sex Toys (WSST) has partnered with Our Erotic Journey (OEJ), adding the Cristal Collection to its curated catalog of pleasure products.

E-Stim Introduces 'The Slider' System

E-Stim Systems has introduced The Slider insertable electrode system.

Orion Expands 'Bad Kitty' Line

Orion Wholesale has added two new chain collars to its Bad Kitty collection of fetish accessories.

Eldorado Releases 2026 Lingerie Catalog

Eldorado Trading Co. has released its 2026 Lingerie Catalog.

Pipedream Names Sunny Winkleman Account Executive

Pipedream Products has appointed Sunny Winkleman as its new account executive.

Nexus Expands 'Ascend' Line

Nexus has expanded its Ascend collection with the new Extreme thrusting and rotating massager.

Blush Expands 'Performance' Line With 3 New Penis Extender Sleeves

Blush has expanded its Performance collection with three new extender sleeves.

Nexus Expands 'Bendz' Collection

Nexus has introduced a collection of anal plugs from its Bendz line.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

Show More