Korea Declares War on Adult Internet

SEOUL — The Seoul Central Prosecutors Office this week indicted 38 people for distributing adult material over the Internet in what they promise will be an all-out assault on web porn.

Prosecutors said the defendants were earning between $50,000 and $150,000 per month by distributing hardcore videos through search engines such as Yahoo Korea, Daum and Naver.

Three of those under indictment were employees in charge of adult content at the search engines. The others allegedly distributed the material in question via adult shopping malls and chat sites.

Defendants contended that that they were not doing anything illegal. They claimed the videos cited in the indictment had been edited to meet the country’s content guidelines and approved by the Korea Media Rating Board as acceptable for viewing by adults 18 and older. They also asserted the videos could be viewed only after credit card age verification.

“It would be wrong if a child were looking at these materials, but these are for adults who pay to look at them,” one webmaster said.

But prosecutors countered that many of the videos could be accessed without age verification and that some had been restored to their original, more explicit state after ratings approval.

While all of the videos cited in the indictment reportedly involve only adult performers, one of the videos was advertised as featuring an adult women having sex with a friend’s underage son.

Prosecutors have promised upwards of 100 additional indictments on similar charges by mid-April.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Show More