L.A. Judge Holds Court in a Strip Club

LOS ANGELES — Judge Kevin Ross might never have thought he would get busted by his peers for holding court in a strip club.

But this week’s testimony against the Los Angeles Superior Court jurist confirms he did just that.

Ross is under fire by California’s Commission on Judicial Performance for a host of potential ethics issues, including trying to market a courtroom simulation television program in which he would star.

Tuesday’s hearing included the viewing of a tape of the reality series pilot called “Mobile Court” where Ross was to decide whether a contestant had been unfairly disqualified from a “Miss Wet on the Net” contest.

Ross is heard on the videotape as saying, “This may be a gentleman’s club but you’re in my court now.”

The contest included a wet T-shirt competition and a “wet spelling bee” in which contestants were required to spell “titillate.”

Ross ruled the contestant deserved to be “Miss Wet” and awarded her $1,000.

The jurist on Tuesday admitted that he had some concerns after he saw the tape and later said, “This isn’t necessarily what I had in mind.”

The proposed “Mobile Court” concept was to have a judge go to the scenes of various neighborhood disputes and hold “court” on the spot, hearing two or three cases per 30-minute program and rendering decisions.

The producers who attempted to sell the series in syndication in 2002 said they identified him as an actual Los Angeles Superior Court judge in order to enhance the program’s credibility.

But the judicial commission said Ross’ participation violated several ethical rules, including a requirement that judges uphold the dignity of their offices, the ban on using the office to advance private interests, and the prohibition against participation in private arbitrations and mediations.

Ross admitted that by awarding money that was actually to be paid to the participants, he violated the rule against judicial participation in private dispute resolution, although he said he didn’t realize it at the time.

Ross said he could have made quite a bit of cash — $7,500 per episode for the first year, $10,000 per episode for the second, and up to $50,000 per year in bonuses, or a maximum of $555,000 for two 26-episode seasons — if efforts to syndicate the program succeeded.

Testimony continues in the case through today and includes other charges against Ross, including claims he violated a ban on commenting on pending cases during four of his appearances on KCET TV’s “Life and Times Tonight” program and that he allegedly improperly communicated with criminal defendants or became “embroiled” in their cases.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Brazil Invites Public Input on AV Guidelines

Brazil’s National Data Protection Authority (ANPD) on Friday launched a public consultation on developing guidelines for age verification mechanisms under the country’s Digital Statute for Children and Adolescents (Digital ECA), which requires adult websites to age-verify users located in Brazil.

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Show More