Superintendent, LAUSD Sue Adult Webmaster

LOS ANGELES — Superintendent Roy Romer and the Los Angeles Unified School District sued a man Thursday for setting up gay adult websites on a variety of domains named after L.A. government officials.

The websites, whose domains include RoyRomer.com, ZevYaroslavsky.com after the city supervisor, and JacobsAndSolomon.com after the law firm representing the school district, have been altered since the suit was filed.

RoyRomer.com used to feature a photograph of the school superintendent and the words “Roy Romer’s House of Ill Repute,” as well as a wide variety of hardcore gay porn pictures.

According to owner David Grant, he set up the websites after becoming frustrated during a complex legal battle waged against the school district over a worker’s comp claim.

“Gay porn will be uploaded to this site this coming Monday, along with a press release similar to the one below,” Grant wrote in a statement circulated on the Internet earlier this month. “Every week from now on, another jackass politician in California will be honored with a porn website. They don’t pay my medical bills, so I’ll put these sites to work making money for me.”

Grant, an aircraft mechanic trainee at the time, was injured in 1995 when a split-rim tire burst as he was filling it on a LAUSD campus.

He eventually suffered the loss of his left leg and severe damage to his right leg as a result of the injury.

After an almost ten-year legal battle with the LAUSD over on-going medical expenses and a variety of worker’s comp issues, Grant said he decided his best option was to make money in the adult entertainment industry.

“I understand Romer might take offense, but I’ve got bills to pay and he knows this,” Grant said. “Besides, what’s he going to do? Sue me? It appears that legal judgments in California aren’t worth the paper they’re printed on anyway.”

Lawyers for the district said that they were only seeking a temporary restraining order to have the site shut down and did not want any monetary damages.

“This is a commercial site with no serious content and it’s posted in violation of numerous federal and state laws designed to protect against exposing children to pornography,” LAUSD lawyer Kevin Reed told the Associated Press. “It’s entitled to no protection as free speech.”

The district also alleges that Grant sent spam email to more than 500 district employees and attempted to lure the district’s 700,000 students to the adult website.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Brazil Invites Public Input on AV Guidelines

Brazil’s National Data Protection Authority (ANPD) on Friday launched a public consultation on developing guidelines for age verification mechanisms under the country’s Digital Statute for Children and Adolescents (Digital ECA), which requires adult websites to age-verify users located in Brazil.

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Show More