Picasso Stolen From Erotic Museum

HOLLYWOOD – In a scene straight out of the "Thomas Crown Affair," the Erotic Museum was victim to a crime that police say had all the markings of a professional art heist.

Museum spokesperson Lisa Strouss told XBiz that the thief struck during business hours on Tuesday and made away with an original Picasso etching titled "Block 1664.”

The piece was part of Picasso's Suite 347 series that he created during the last years of his life. It had been given to the museum as a gift by a private collector.

The Picasso was stolen from the museum gallery at approximately 6:30 p.m. Tuesday evening. All other art work has since been bolted to the walls, Strouss told XBiz, including the two other Picassos in the museum's possession, an etching and a wooden figurative piece that is on loan from an art collector.

Despite the presence of security cameras throughout the museum, the thief's face was not captured on film, although detectives were able to ascertain that it was a man dressed entirely in black. Each time the man encountered security cameras, he turned his body in such a way that his identifying features would not be seen, Strouss said.

"After looking at the tape, it didn't seem spontaneous at all," Strouss told XBiz. "It seemed instead like a very well thought out and a well-executed robbery."

Strouss added that the thief escaped through the museum's back door. It is not yet known if he was assisted by a second person.

According to the museum, the subject of the stolen etching was a 15th century tale of La Celestina that depicted courtesans, elaborate orgies and wanton encounters.

Information on the value of the etching was not made public by the museum for insurance purposes.

In the meantime, the museum is open for business, but with an "empty spot on the wall," Strouss said.

The Erotic Museum is offering a reward for the return of the etching. Museum directors have issued a plea to the thief to return the piece so they can continue to share Picasso’s art with the public.

"I don't know what the patterns are with these types of people," Strouss said. "Whether they come back or not. We certainly hope not."

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

WSST Partners With OEJ to Launch 'Cristal Collection'

We Sell Sex Toys (WSST) has partnered with Our Erotic Journey (OEJ), adding the Cristal Collection to its curated catalog of pleasure products.

E-Stim Introduces 'The Slider' System

E-Stim Systems has introduced The Slider insertable electrode system.

Orion Expands 'Bad Kitty' Line

Orion Wholesale has added two new chain collars to its Bad Kitty collection of fetish accessories.

Eldorado Releases 2026 Lingerie Catalog

Eldorado Trading Co. has released its 2026 Lingerie Catalog.

Pipedream Names Sunny Winkleman Account Executive

Pipedream Products has appointed Sunny Winkleman as its new account executive.

Nexus Expands 'Ascend' Line

Nexus has expanded its Ascend collection with the new Extreme thrusting and rotating massager.

Blush Expands 'Performance' Line With 3 New Penis Extender Sleeves

Blush has expanded its Performance collection with three new extender sleeves.

Nexus Expands 'Bendz' Collection

Nexus has introduced a collection of anal plugs from its Bendz line.

Orion Debuts 2 New Styles From Cottelli Lingerie

Orion Wholesale has introduced two new styles from its Cottelli Lingerie line.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Show More