Suspect in Natel King Murder Released, Still Faces Trial

NORRISTOWN, Penn. –The assistant photographer accused of lying to police during the murder investigation of Canadian porn actress Taylor Summers, also known as Natel King, is close to being released from prison, her attorney announced this week.

Jennifer Mitkus, known as both a vagrant and an alleged prostitute, was arrested in March and charged with making unsworn falsifications to authorities and hindering apprehension. She has been held in county prison ever since her arrest in lieu of $10,000 bail that she could not pay.

However, after serving more than 180 days in jail, Montgomery County Judge William T. Nicholas handed down a ruling Tuesday ordering the immediate release of Mitkus from prison.

Mitkus allegedly lied to investigators shortly after King's disappearance, saying that she had been present at the final photo shoot that preceded King's disappearance.

King was later found dead in a ravine in Whitemarsh, Penn., a suburb 10 miles northwest of Philadelphia. She was last seen alive Feb. 29 walking to a corner bar in Conshohocken, Penn., after completing a bondage film shoot with photographer Anthony Frederick.

The coroner’s office ruled King’s death a homicide, saying she died from multiple stab wounds to the neck and upper body.

Shortly after discovery of King's body, Frederick was arrested and charged with first-degree murder, possession of an instrument of crime, unsworn falsification to authorities and abuse of a corpse. Authorities believed at the time that Frederick has videotaped the killing of King as a snuff film.

Mitkus was also arrested for lying to authorities, claiming that she last saw King by her car outside the studio after the photo shoot had been completed and that she and Frederick left the area before King.

According to the judge's ruling this week, Mitkus' 180-day jail stay has expired and she must be released. The judge ruled that Mitkus could only be imprisoned for up to 180 days without being brought to trial.

Mitkus will still face trial on the charges against her, but according to the judge's ruling, she no longer has to sit in jail.

"Jennifer has been in jail for 180 days and the law says that anyone in prison for 180 days is entitled to have a trial," said Mitkus' attorney Carolyn Carluccio.

On Sept. 21, the trial date for Frederick was postponed and he remains in prison without bail. Frederick's attorney, Daniel Paul-Alva, has asked to be removed from the case.

The Montgomery County Assistant District Attorney Barbara Ashcroft said that prosecutors are aiming to combine the trials of Mitkus and Frederick sometime in February 2005.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

FTC Promises 'Vigorous' TAKE IT DOWN Act Enforcement

The Federal Trade Commission is warning platforms that the agency will strongly enforce the notice-and-removal requirements of the TAKE IT DOWN Act, which go into effect next week on May 19.

Court of International Trade Rejects Trump 'Replacement' Tariffs

The U.S. Court of International Trade on Thursday ruled that President Trump’s 10% global tariff under the Trade Act of 1974, imposed after the Supreme Court invalidated the administration’s broad “Liberation Day” tariff regime, is illegal — but stopped short of a nationwide injunction against the tariff.

UPDATED: Utah VPN Rule Enforcement Paused in Aylo Lawsuit

Provisions of a new Utah law making adult websites liable if minors in the state circumvent geolocation efforts to bypass age verification, which were set to come into force on Wednesday, have been put on hold until Sept. 3 in the case of Aylo, which filed suit in the matter.

Show More