Snipermail.com Owner Scott Levine Indicted on 144 Counts

BOCA RATON, Fla. – Spammer Scott Levine, known by the adult webmaster community for his notorious email marketing techniques, has been charged by a federal grand jury with 144 count of conspiracy, fraud, money laundering, and obstruction of justice, the U.S. Justice Department announced Friday.

Levine stands accused of hacking into the private network of Little Rock, Ark.-based marketing company Acxiom Corp. and raiding its database of contact information on millions of people the company collects for marketing purposes.

Levine, the owner of Boca Raton, Fla.-based email marketing company Snipermail.com Inc., allegedly raided 8.2 gigabytes of information over a year's time, estimated to have caused Acxiom $7 million in damages, the DOJ stated.

Data removed from the Acxiom database included names, email addresses, phone numbers, and personal banking information.

Along with charges against Levine, federal prosecutors in Arkansas also charged six of his employees, all of whom reached agreements with the U.S. Attorney's Office on Friday. Some of those settlements will include guilty pleas, the attorney's office told XBiz.

Charges also include allegations that Levine and his employees deliberately concealed computers from investigators in order to hide their "illicit" activity and avoid prosecution.

Levine and his employees took advantage of a prior business relationship with Acxiom and allegedly used decrypted passwords to break into the network. All information stolen was then incorporated into Snipermail's system and sold to another email marketing company, said the DOJ.

The Snipermail website has since been disabled.

Investigators began their investigation in July 2003 during the course of an unrelated investigation into a similar break-in of the Acxiom network. During the course of that investigation, it was discovered that there had been a second set of intrusions into Acxiom from a different Internet protocol address that traced back to Scott Levine.

The DOJ is making an example of Levine's case to ward off other hackers who attempt to steal personal identification information on individuals and sell it to other spammers.

“The protection of personal information stored on our nation’s computer systems is critical to public trust in those networks and to the health of our economy,” said Assistant Attorney General Christopher Wray. “We will aggressively pursue those who steal private information from computer networks and make it clear that there are serious consequences for such crimes.”

Levine's hack job on Acxiom is considered one of the largest cyber crime cases ever recorded.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Show More