Former News Anchor Settles

AKRON, Ohio -- Catherine Bosley, the TV news anchor whose nude pictures surfaced on the Internet in January while taking part in a wet T-shirt contest, has settled with two Internet companies.

Bosley resigned as news anchor at WKBN in Youngstown, Ohio, after her superiors found out about what she did on her vacation in Key West, Fla., last year.

The two companies which settled were My Way in Irvington, N.Y., and Internet Key Inc. in Holmdel, N.J. Terms of the settlements were not disclosed.

The suit in federal court continues for another company, Seattle-based Marvad Corp., which runs SexBrat.com. Marvad was the first adult site to market the Paris Hilton sex tape with ex-boyfriend Rick Solomon.

The Bosley videotape first surfaced after a Tampa, Fla.-based company called DreamGirls leaked the content onto the web. Sexbrat.com claims to have secured the licensing rights from DreamGirls and marketed the video.

Bosley worked as anchor for 10 years at the station and was vacationing with her husband after recovering from a deadly lung disease when she participated in the contest serendipitously, she said.

She appears on stage for all three rounds of the contest and then at the time of the final judging, she takes off her clothes. The prize money for the contest was no more than $300.

“It was just a spur of the moment, silly, irresponsible thing to do that I regretted a great deal the next morning,” Bosley told reporters earlier this year.

“I know that I have to set a standard and I'm a bit of a role model so I take responsibility for what I'm supposed to be held up to,” Bosley said. “This definitely goes down in one of those categories of what was I thinking? What was I thinking?”

Bosley this week testified that she never gave permission to broadcast nude images and streaming video across the Internet.

The first day of testimony on a preliminary injunction blocking web sites from distributing videotapes of Bosley at the bar featured testimony from Bosley's husband, Richard Brown, and Matt Saunders, computer technician for Bosley's attorney Mark S. Colucci.

A federal judge granted Bosley's request to block the distribution of her images. The order was set to expire March 29.

During cross-examination from Akron attorney Ronald S. Kopp, representing Marvad, the former news anchor said she was aware that everyone could see her performance and some had cameras, but she was not aware of any video recorders.

She said she thought those in the crowd were college students and that ''the worst that could happen was that they would end up with a picture of me in their dorm room.''

Internet research group Terra Lycos said that in late January, Bosley bumped a naked Paris Hilton off of the top slot for searches after her pictures circulated on the web. The pictures even trumped Britney Spears, Pamela Anderson and Kazaa for top search terms.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Show More