Koenig, Holio.net File Suit Over XTV Deal

SANTA ANA, Calif. — Long-time adult entrepreneur David Koenig and his company Holio.net have filed suit against Interactive Television Networks Inc. over alleged breaches in their XTV network licensing and distribution deal and a promissory note, XBIZ has learned.

Koenig, who filed the suit in Orange County Superior Court, is a co-founder of XTV and parent company Interactive Television Networks, known as ITVN, which operates an Internet protocol TV network.

Koenig still owns nearly 18 percent of Woodland Hills, Calif.-based ITVN and supplies content to XTV through Holio.net, according to Securities and Exchange Commission filings.

Koenig would not comment on the matter to XBIZ, but the suit against XTV and ITVN claims $527,000 in owed funds, $120,000 in litigation fees and an unspecified amount over an alleged breach in a content licensing agreement.

Further, the complaint also requests a cease-and-desist order to delete from XTV’s service all of the content provided by Koenig and his company.

So far, according to ITVN in regulatory filings, Holio.net has accrued $79,000 for content viewed on XTV.

Calls to ITVN CEO Charles Prast went unreturned at post time, but the company said in a statement to regulators that Koenig helped fund ITVN operations in excess of $300,000 and made cash loans of $427,000 through the years.

Koenig also provided services to ITVN but no longer receives a salary.

In the SEC filing, the company dismissed the majority of Koenig’s and his company’s claims.

“We have valid counterclaims against the Koenig plaintiffs,” the company said. “We intend to vigorously contest the claims.”

With ITVN’s video-on-demand technology, consumers connect a set-top box to an existing broadband router, plug in the set-top connector to a television set and subscribe to the VOD channels.

While prices vary for its offerings, XTV adult-channel bundles cost $29.95 a month, with an additional $99.95 for the set-top box.

ITVN markets XTV and other products in the U.S., Asia, the U.K. and Germany. It has more than 200 webmaster affiliates that promote the service, which rolled out in March 2005.

The company, however, has had a tough time achieving a commercial success with its service. ITVN posted net losses of $7.3 million in 2006 and $6.2 million in 2005.

Attorneys from both sides meet Tuesday in Superior Court over the matter.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Show More