Porn's 'Dirty Dozen' List Released by CNBC
LOS ANGELES — CNBC’s Chris Morris today released his “Dirty Dozen” list of porn’s biggest stars to look out for in 2016.
Morris said the methodology for assembling the annual list incorporates not just the industry's opinion of the people in front of the camera, but the fans' as well.
He began by determining who has earned the most nominations in the annual XBIZ and AVN awards programs. Then from that list, he looked at a three-month average of the stars' Google Trends ranking, taking his “Dirty Dozen” from the top scoring personalities.
The 2016 CNBC “Dirty Dozen” list includes:
- Carter Cruise, who won two 2016 XBIZ Awards — one for Interracial Release of the Year in "Carter Cruise Obsession" (Blacked.com/Jules Jordan Video) and Best Sex Scene — All-Girl for "Jessie Loves Girls" (Sweetheart Video/Mile High). She also has won three other XBIZ Awards trophies in previous years, including XBIZ’s Best New Starlet in 2015. Morris noted: “In addition to making our list, she also topped the ranking of 2015's most popular stars at porn site GameLink.”
- Riley Reid, won two 2016 XBIZ Awards — Best Supporting Actress for “The Submission of Emma Marx 2: Boundaries” (New Sensations) and Best Sex Scene, Couples-Themed Release (with Romi Rain), for "My Sinful Life" (Dreamzone Entertainment). A six-year veteran of the adult entertainment industry, Reid has won four other XBIZ Awards trophies in previous years, including XBIZ’s Performer of the Year in 2014. Morris noted: “Reid is a master at social media, where she has cultivated her fan base by regularly tweeting pictures and Vine videos of herself — usually nude.”
- Aidra Fox, who at 20 is already considering directing in adult. Morris said: “Fox started her career in porn as soon as she turned 18, becoming Penthouse's Pet of the Month less than a year later. Now 20, she was nominated for 13 awards this year.”
- Annika Albrite, who received two XBIZ Awards in 2015 is in her fifth year as a performer . Morris said: “Three years ago, LA Weekly said she was one of 10 porn stars who could be the next Jenna Jameson. It's too early to declare that as truth, but with 12 more nominations this year, she's certainly on her way.”
- Dana Vespoli, the performer whose industry nominations come from her work behind the camera as a director of films for Evil Angel. “But her willingness to jump into the action makes her higher profile than many women who oversee porn films, earning her a big fan base,” Morris said.
- Skin Diamond, a former model for Louis Vuitton and American Apparel, who became one of the top performers. “She also boasts one of the more distinctive looks in the industry, often sporting a haircut that has one side of her head shaved close,” Morris noted.
- Chanel Preston, who has appeared on Morris’ “Dirty Dozen” since its inception. “She is in constant demand as a performer, hosts an occasional web series ("Naked with Chanel") that focuses on issues surrounding sexuality in America, directs films, is a board member of the APAC, and has appeared more regularly on mainstream programs, such as Showtime's recent documentary on the adult industry,” Morris said.
- Jilian Janson, who began appearing as a web cam model on MyFreeCams, but was recruited by an agent and began shooting porn just months months after her 18th birthday. “But in the two years since she entered adult entertainment, she has found a niche … .” Morris said.
- Vicki Chase, who won an honor at the XBIZ Awards in 2014. “Her star began to rise when she had a cameo on ‘Sons of Anarchy’ in 2014 and this year she had seven nominations,” Morris said.
- Romi Rain, who won in one category at the 2016 XBIZ Awards — Best Sex Scene, Couples-Themed Release (with Riley Reid) for “My Sinful Life” (Dreamzone Entertainment). “Adult entertainment is a family tradition for Rain. Her mother, while not a performer, posed in Hustler many years ago. Rain stuck with nude modeling at first as well, performing occasionally as a web cam model,” Morris said.
- Keisha Grey, who has been in the business for two years.
- Mick Blue, who won two XBIZ Awards in 2014. Morris said: “Born in Austria, he has been part of the industry since 2000 and in 2014 married fellow performer Anikka Albrite.”