Paris Hilton Wins Temporary Injunction Against ParisExposed.com

Paris Hilton Wins Temporary Injunction Against ParisExposed.com
Steve Javors
LOS ANGELES — Paris Hilton has won a temporary injunction from a federal judge against the website ParisExposed.com that displayed personal photos, videos, diaries, medical prescriptions and other belongings she and sister Nicky kept at a storage facility after their house was burglarized.

In the suit, filed in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles, Hilton said defendants Nabil and Nabila Haniss purchased the Hilton content for $2,775 and then sold it to a third person, Bardia Persa, for $10 million.

Hilton sued the site’s operators last month claiming ParisExposed.com was exploiting her private belongings for commercial gain. Under the injunction, the site is not allowed to disclose Hilton’s social security number, health data and other personal information.

In addition to claiming invasion of privacy, Hilton said she filed copyright registrations for three pieces of writing that are contained in the belongings. She claimed the website is engaging in copyright infringement.

Among its more scandalous footage, the website contained numerous nude photos of Hilton, a Valtrex prescription (a medication used to treat herpes) and video footage of the blonde heiress frolicking naked in a bubble bath and in bed.

“I know what this has done personally and emotionally to Paris,” Hilton spokesman Elliot Mintz said. “As far as I’m concerned, this is the most disturbing intrusion upon the privacy of a public figure that I’ve ever witnessed.”

After the injunction was issued Friday, the site was taken down.

Persa is due in back in court Feb. 16 to address the injunction. An email request for comment was not returned at press time.