NYC Porn Film Fest Partners With XBIZ, Opens Call for Submissions
The grassroots three-day festival is slated to take place at Secret Project Robot from Feb. 27-March 1, and will feature screenings, performances, talks, workshops and parties.
NYCPFF has also annouced a media partnership with XBIZ, the adult industry's leading publisher of business news and information, providing up-to-the-minute coverage of the industry via XBIZ.com and its three trade publications.
"An exploration into this hidden part of mainstream culture," NYCFF specifically aims to:
- Support independent, amature, experimental, low or non-budget production (film and print).
- Display diversity regarding sexuality, gender expression, body culture, class, fetishism and race, with a focus on “dynamic genders and sexualities.”
- Put porn in context and recognize it as a medium and an industry that has not always been “unspeakable.”
- Create discussion around the social impact of pornography.
- Explore and discuss new technologies and distribution channels, and how they have been utilized.
- Look into the history of pornography specifically in context of New York City.
The organizers are currently looking for creators to submit their work to screen. The deadline for submissions is Jan 12. For submissions and general inquiries, contact email@example.com.
Those interested in supporting the NYCPFF can make a donation through Secret Project Robot (a 501c3 nonprofit cultural institution) by visiting SecretProjectRobot.org and clicking on the Paypal link.
For more information about festival sponsorship opportunities or hosting a workshop or talk, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Secret Project Robot is located in Bushwick, Brooklyn at 389 Melrose St.