AHF Overbilled L.A. County by $3.5M, Audit Says

WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. — The AIDS Healthcare Foundation, sponsor of Measure B and AB 1576, has overbilled Los Angeles County by millions for reimbursed AIDS health funding, according to a letter prepared by the county auditor.

The auditor's letter, sent to the county Board of Supervisors last week, recommends that AHF repay $3,558,080 and be added to the county’s Contractor Alert Reporting Database to track poorly performing contractors.

The letter stated that questioned costs were for the years 2011-13.

News of the audit that resulted in a recommendation of a multimillion-dollar reimbursement was first reported by FrontiersLA.com.

Frontiers said that the AHF believes the audit was conducted in retaliation for criticism of the county, which would include a previous lawsuit against its supervisors.

"In their formal response, AHF said the audit corresponded with public criticism of the county’s handling of risk of sexually transmitted diseases in the adult film industry and unlawful practice of awarding contracts without public bidding," Frontiers said.

AHF has sponsored several measures to regulate the adult entertainment industry through ordinances mandating condoms and testing for performers. Measure B, and related laws, are in effect in the city and county of Los Angeles and parts of Ventura County. The organization also sponsored AB 1576, a similar statewide measure that is pending in the state's Legislature.

Frontiers also noted that Los Angeles County isn't the only California municipality AHF is in conflict with.

AHF also recently issued a lawsuit against the City and County of San Francisco and San Francisco City Supervisor Scott Wiener, claiming a change in zoning laws violates the nonprofit’s equal protection over its proposed pharmacy.

View letter to supervisors

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Brazil Invites Public Input on AV Guidelines

Brazil’s National Data Protection Authority (ANPD) on Friday launched a public consultation on developing guidelines for age verification mechanisms under the country’s Digital Statute for Children and Adolescents (Digital ECA), which requires adult websites to age-verify users located in Brazil.

Meagan Moore Performs Her 1st Girl/Girl Scene for Bellesa Plus

Meagan Moore has performed in her first girl/girl scene alongside Violet Starr and Ryan Driller in the latest release from Bellesa Plus, titled “You Deserve This.”

Britt Ramsey Makes Her WIFEY Debut

Britt Ramsey stars with her husband Chad and multi-XMAs winner Alex Jones in the latest release from Vixen Media Group studio imprint WIFEY.

Hailey Rose Talks New 'Titwoman' Showcase for Elegant Angel

Keisha Gray, Angela White, Octavia Red, and Blake Blossom. These are the well-endowed women who have played the character of "Titwoman" for Elegant Angel.

Digital Playground Premieres Ricky Greenwood's Feature Comedy 'In The Bag'

Digital Playground has dropped “In The Bag,” a ‘70s-inspired comedy from multi-XMAs winner Ricky Greenwood.

Jasmine Sherni Performs 1st Gangbang for Brazzers

Jasmine Sherni performs her first gangbang in the latest Brazzers release, "Operation Open Wide."

Carmen Valentina Stars in Latest Release From FreeUse

Carmen Valentina stars in the latest POV release from FreeUse.

Phoenix Marie, Cory Chase Star in Latest From MILFY

Phoenix Marie and Cory Chase star with Dan Damage in the latest release from Vixen Media Group studio imprint MILFY.

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

Show More