Home > News > Chinese Porn Website Operator Arrested • Bookmark   • Newsletters   • Register Search Options

NEWS STORY

Chinese Porn Website Operator Arrested

Chinese Porn Website Operator Arrested
Get XBIZ News
Nov 10, 2006 11:30 AM PST    Text size: 
CHANGNING, China — A Chinese couple has been arrested for allegedly operating a pornographic website. According to local prosecutors, the couple’s site featured live nude performances and chatrooms in violation of Chinese law.

A man identified only by his surname Xing and his female counterpart, known only by her surname Hu, own the site, which was not identified by name.

Police said more than 300 people around China had been recruited by Xing and Hu to participate in the operation of the site as performers. A number of the performers also worked for similar sites, according to police, who said they had fined and arrested many of the people involved.

“They thought it was safer to perform at home in front of their web camera rather than working for some illegal night club," prosecutor Huang Zheng said.

The couple charged between $1 and $3 for each performance, according to police, who said shows ranged from mere nudity to sexual acts.

The couple took 55 percent of the site’s revenue, sharing the remaining 45 percent with its performers.

Xing told police the site earned nearly $400 per day from visitors both within China and around the world.

To use the site, members had to pay via an online banking system.

Authorities first became aware of the site after a local woman reported to police that her husband had spent $381 watching porn on the site.

On the day police arrested Xing and Hu, they found more than 200 members watching live shows on the site.

Xing and Hu, who launched the site in July, told police that they had spent more than $25,000 on software, Internet services and office space to fund the illicit venture.

More ways to get XBIZ News:  RSS Feeds  |  E-Newsletters  |  Desktop Widget  |  Mobile
Looking for porn star news and behind-the-scene videos? Check out XFANZ.com !

LEGAL PERSPECTIVES

The Skinny on the New DMCA Requirement

The requirements under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) have changed, but the sky is not falling. We have, even as a law firm, been hit with an unbelievable amount of spam sent out by law firms... More »

2017 Outlook: Legal Matters Around the Corner

The adult entertainment business’ legal community recently weighed in the top issues that companies and the industry, as a whole, should be concerned about. XBIZ asked industry attorneys to discuss... More »

Fraudulent Brazilian Trademark Registrations Running Rampant

Although you might not think often about protecting your trademark rights in Brazil, you need to — even if you don’t yet have a single Brazilian customer. Scammers are constantly looking for... More »
XBIZ NEWSLETTERS
Stay informed of the latest industry developments. Get XBIZ newsletters delivered to your inbox. Subscribe today!
Enter email address:

* To manage existing subscriptions click here.






POPULAR PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Submit your press release to
multiple news outlets with 1 click.
Subscribe to RSS news feeds or
add free content to your website.
Access XBIZ news and articles
with your mobile device.
Subscribe to XBIZ World magazine, the industry's leading e-commerce trade publication, delivering in-depth coverage of the online, mobile and ancillary digital markets.

UPCOMING EVENTS

The European Summit

Mar 04 - Mar 07
Barcelona-Sitges, Spain

The TEA Show

Mar 05 - Mar 06
Hollywood, CA

Phoenix Forum 2017

Mar 23 - Mar 26
Tempe, Arizona

EXXXOTICA Denver

Mar 31 - Apr 02
Denver, CO.
Everyday thousands of business professionals browse XBIZ's industry directory for quality products and services. Not listed yet? Your company could be losing potential new business. Submit your company today!
Use XBIZ RSS feeds to stay informed of the latest industry developments or as a content syndication tool for your website!