Google Glass Users Can Invite Others to Buy Device

MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. — Google has announced that current Google Glass users will be able to extend invitations to three friends to purchase the $1,500 device.

Google hasn't released Google Glass to the general public, but earlier this year thousands of individuals and companies were able to buy the wearable computer that includes an optical head-mounted display.

One adult entertainment company, MiKandi, was one of them.

The Seattle-based company, which operates mobile adult app stores for Android and Chrome, built the Tits & Glass app and later set the Internet ablaze after it debuted the first-ever, two-way POV Google Glass porn video starring James Deen and Andy San Dimas, which was produced in collaboration with XBIZ and posted on YouTube.

Now, Mikandi officials are welcoming another wave of the Google Glass soft rollout.  

"We received the email today, and we're excited to share three Google Glass invites to our industry friends and help spread the excitement over these innovative devices," MiKandi's Jesse Adams told XBIZ. "Besides, who can turn down a threesome?"

Those who receive invitations from current Google Glass users will have the option of ordering the device online or visiting Google to pick up the gadget.

"We’re counting on you to get Glass to the people you think will make great Explorers," the company said. "More Explorers means more feedback, and more feedback means better Glass."

Google also is giving a perk to current users: It will swap out their current devices with newer versions for free. The new models appear the same as before but have been slightly modified so they can work with new shades and one day fit prescription frames. They also come with a mono ear bud so users can receive sound (Glass currently transmits sounds through vibrations that users feel on the sides of their heads).

MiKandi's Adams and Jen McEwen will demonstrate the potential for Google Glass and discuss its future at XBIZ 360° in January. The conference is slated for Jan. 22-25 at the W Hollywood Hotel.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Brazil Invites Public Input on AV Guidelines

Brazil’s National Data Protection Authority (ANPD) on Friday launched a public consultation on developing guidelines for age verification mechanisms under the country’s Digital Statute for Children and Adolescents (Digital ECA), which requires adult websites to age-verify users located in Brazil.

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Show More