OAKLAND, Calif. — Shrouded Monkey Productions and the Oakland Music Complex will present their first online marketing and social media workshop.
It's called “What Rock Stars & Porn Stars Know About Publicity and Online Promotion That You Don’t … But Need To!”
This seminar will be presented by Michael Brandvold, president of Michael Brandvold Marketing, and Christopher Buttner, president of PRThatRocks.com, on Wednesday, Sept. 26 from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
They have designed online promotions, marketing and publicity programs for leading recording artists such as Kiss, U2, Motley Crüe, Rod Stewart, Madonna, Ozzy Osbourne, Dream Theater, Orgy, Kid Rock, Britney Spears and other musical instrument and recording equipment manufacturing companies.
They have also worked with adult companies including Gamelink, Private, Vivid, Kink.com, Playboy, Good Vibrations, The Exotic Erotic Ball, Masquerotica, and others.
Brandvold and Buttner say attendees will learn different aspects of public relations and marketing including:
• How do I demystify the ways and means to get abundant press coverage?
• How do I write an effective press release fast?
• How do I identify media outlets and opportunities?
• How does one develop newsworthy hooks? •
Where do I find, and how do I effectively communicate with, editors, journalists and reporters?
• How do I overcome fear of pitching myself and deal with rejection?
• How to write for best search engine returns.
The workshop will take place at the Oakland Music Complex Lounge, 1255 21st St., Oakland, Calif.
For more click here.