Oron Attorneys: File-Locker Site Can't Pay Vendors

LAS VEGAS — Oron.com is down due it its inability to pay vendors, according to Oron attorneys.

"[T]he longer the site is inoperable, the greater the chances are that Oron may never recover," the file-locker's counsel said in court papers yesterday.

In those court papers, Oron is opposing Corbin Fisher's motion to expedite a hearing to enforce a settlement agreement, which Corbin Fisher contend was consummated.

Oron last month was hit with Corbin Fisher's $34.8 million suit, alleging the file-locker site is liable for rampant copyright infringement. Almost immediately, a federal judge in Las Vegas signed orders for a temporary restraining order effectively freezing all of its assets, with the exception of $100,000 for business expenses.

Yesterday, without warning, Oron.com disappeared from the Internet.

Oron told the court that Corbin Fisher's counsel has bombarded the file-locker site with so many legal motions, it has blown through its limited funds on legal fees.

"It has long been Oron’s belief that plaintiff’s true purpose in filing its complaint, its ex parte documents, and its subsequent motions was solely to destroy Oron," Oron attorneys wrote. "Indeed, [Corbin Fisher counsel Marc Randazza] stated in a July 4, 2012 email to Oron’s attorney: 'I prefer to kill Oron altogether and keep all $3 million.'”

Oron attorneys said that because of Corbin Fisher's relentless campaign to incur huge legal bills and because it was provided only $100,000 for business expenses by the court, it can't pay vendors, including its host, LeaseWeb.

"This combination created extraordinary financial stress and  achieved the inevitable — Oron’s website has been shut down and, most likely, Oron will lose a majority of its customers," Oron attorneys said.

"[A]llowing that [temporary restraining order] to remain in place any longer than necessary only increases the likelihood that Oron will be unable to salvage and restore at least some part of its business. Oron expects that when it is heard on the facts and law at the preliminary injunction hearing, an injunction will be denied and the TRO vacated."

Oron, in its motion, supports an expedited hearing of the settlement motion only if the hearing on the preliminary injunction is advanced to the same hearing time.

"Each hearing costs money and it will be impossible for Oron to continue to defend itself without further funds," Oron attorneys said. "Forcing Oron to do multiple hearings while not allowing sufficient funds to pay counsel would be unjust."

Meanwhile, Oron filed a separate motion yesterday opposing a request for an evidentiary hearing Thursday at the same time a hearing on a preliminary injunction will he heard.

"[P]ermitting [Corbin Fisher] to present new or additional evidence at the hearing would deprive Oron of a fair opportunity to oppose Liberty Media’s preliminary injunction motion," Oron attorneys said.

Corbin Fisher also has asked the court to include live testimony at the hearing at U.S. District Court in Las Vegas on Thursday.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Brazil Invites Public Input on AV Guidelines

Brazil’s National Data Protection Authority (ANPD) on Friday launched a public consultation on developing guidelines for age verification mechanisms under the country’s Digital Statute for Children and Adolescents (Digital ECA), which requires adult websites to age-verify users located in Brazil.

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Show More