Chicago Officials Issue Cease-and-Desist to FlavaWorks.com

CHICAGO — Chicago’s Department of Business Affairs and Licensing has issued a cease-and-desist order against FlavaWorks.com and an affiliated site, CocoDorm.com, after officials from the city’s Department of Public Health (CDPH) alleged they had uncovered evidence that models on the sites were engaging in unsafe sex and spreading diseases to each other as well as people outside the adult industry, XBIZ has confirmed.

“The department became aware from a reputable source in the neighborhood that troubling practices were happening related to those sites. The issue is disease transmission,” Tim Haddock, public information director for the CDPH, told XBIZ.

Flava Works and CocoDorm specialize in gay “blatino” ethnic content. CocoBoyz.com also offers escort services.

Haddock said that the CDPH began an investigation into the matter after local HIV service providers expressed concern to Christopher Brown, assistant commissioner for HIV/AIDS/STD programs at the CDPH, that their clients had appeared on one of the FlavaWorks sites engaging in unsafe sex.

“We also became aware of cases of HIV linked to some of the models,” Brown told the Chicago Free Press.

Brown added that the source alleged the business was engaged in questionable labor practices that “bordered on legal servitude,” charging models for things like food and bed linens and leaving them in debt.

Brown urged the Department of Public Affairs and Licensing to issue a cease-and-desist order while his department conducted its investigation since CocoDorm had never been granted a license to operate in the city. Police and other officials visited the company’s Lakeview, Ill., offices on April 20, but Haddock said the apartment was empty at the time of the visit.

On May 1, Flava Works issued a press release titled “CocoDorm Survives After Natural and Political Attacks,” claiming the office was shut down due to strong winds that damaged the building’s façade and that normal operations will resume this summer at a location outside the city.

“Last week, a free local paper incorrectly reported that officials linked the CocoDorm to STD and HIV transmissions,” the release said.

“Contrary to the article, there has never been an HIV outbreak in the CocoDorm,” the release continued. “While the CocoDorm was the target of a municipal investigation, because of alleged outbreaks within the Dorm, the Health Department did not close the Dorm. No civil or criminal investigations have been launched.”

The release also said that CocoDorm models are required to wear condoms and are tested for HIV and other STDs, that food and linens are provided free to the models and that the site is still active and updated daily with new streams, photos and blogs.

At press time, Flavaworks.com was not operational.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Show More