Adult Site Claims No Communication Over Utah Registry Citation

SALT LAKE CITY — A Canadian adult website that Utah officials say was cited for violating the state’s seven-month-old Child Protection Registry law is claiming it has received no communication from the state regarding the citation, though officials say notice of the citation was sent almost two weeks ago.

HoneyIFuckedTheBabysitter.com has been cited for allegedly sending sexually explicit messages on Dec. 4 to email addresses listed in the registry as accessible to a minor, marking the first time the Utah Division of Consumer Protection has issued a fine under the new law.

The division’s Executive Director Francine Giani told XBiz that the state sent notice of the citation to the site’s owners about two weeks ago. She also confirmed that the site’s owners are being fined for multiple violations of the registry, with each violation totaling the maximum $2,500 fine.

There has been no communication between parties but the citation also has not come back [through the mail], Giani said. Under the statute, the site’s owners have 10 days to contest the citation. After that time period has passed, a cease-and-desist order can be filed.

“There’s no issue of jurisdiction but we do assume they will probably ignore the citation, at which point we’ll have to see where the attorney general wants to take it,” Giani told XBiz.

Free Speech Coalition Director Tom Hymes confirmed with XBiz this week that the site’s owners and operators are individual members of the FSC, though he could not say whether the site is listed in its database. Hymes also told XBiz that the site’s owners claim they have not received any communication from Utah officials regarding the citation and deny that they sent any email to an address on the registry list.

“All we have is an assertion by Utah that a claim has been filed,” Hymes said. “We are in contact with the site’s owners and we are monitoring the situation. However, they said they did not send the email in question.”

Hymes also told XBiz that the site’s owners had authorized one program to send emails that are product-related, though it is unknown whether the program was responsible for sending the email.

Under Utah law, adult-oriented websites and emailers are required to screen out registered addresses from their distribution lists. The FSC filed a complaint against the law in November, contending that it violates the right to free expression under the 1st Amendment and is unfairly burdensome, due to the time and cost involved.

Attorney Ira Rothken told XBiz that attorneys representing the FSC are not acting as official counsel for the site’s owners, who are still unidentified, listing only a P.O. Box in Gibsons, B.C. He added that the FSC is currently seeking a preliminary injunction against Utah’s registry law.

“We’re still investigating what happened and what led the state of Utah to file a claim against the site,” Rothken said. “But it might very well be that this site has a relationship with the FSC and if so, then it’s very likely they would be the beneficiaries of any action taken by the FSC, especially if we seek a preliminary injunction.”

The site offers an initial screen titled "Warning: Adult Material Ahead" and a statement that content "is not intended to be viewed by minors" can be cleared with the click of a mouse.

The site also includes an old logo for Adult Sites Advocating Child Protection. Previously, ASACP Director Joan Irvine told XBiz the site’s owners have not applied for membership with the organization, though she said the site appears to comply with the ASACP’s Best Practices, which only requires that sites label all email marketing material as “sexually explicit.” Irvine said the site would most likely be approved for membership, if it applied.

“Utah is not just creating an opt-out registry,” Rothken added. “It’s also creating a registry law and acting on it, which makes it even more imperative that we get a preliminary injunction.”

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Brazzers Launches Model Management Division 'Brazzers Creator'

Brazzers has launched its new full-service model management division, Brazzers Creator, offering content management services across multiple platforms.

FTC Promises 'Vigorous' TAKE IT DOWN Act Enforcement

The Federal Trade Commission is warning platforms that the agency will strongly enforce the notice-and-removal requirements of the TAKE IT DOWN Act, which go into effect next week on May 19.

STD Hero Joins Pineapple Support as Sponsor

Better Life Science brand STD Hero has joined the ranks of over 70 adult businesses and organizations committing funds and resources to Pineapple Support.

2026 XBIZ Miami Speaker, Open-Floor Conversation Guide Lineup Announced

XBIZ is pleased to announce the release of the full speaker lineup for XBIZ Miami, the latest edition of the adult industry’s premier summer conference, set to take place May 11-14 at the Goodtime Hotel in Miami Beach.

2026 XBIZ Miami Conference Schedule Announced

XBIZ is pleased to announce the release of the full show schedule for XBIZ Miami, set to take place May 11-14 at the Goodtime Hotel in South Beach.

Court of International Trade Rejects Trump 'Replacement' Tariffs

The U.S. Court of International Trade on Thursday ruled that President Trump’s 10% global tariff under the Trade Act of 1974, imposed after the Supreme Court invalidated the administration’s broad “Liberation Day” tariff regime, is illegal — but stopped short of a nationwide injunction against the tariff.

Show More