Wilson Pleads No Contest to Misdemeanor Charges, Avoids Jail Time

LAKELAND, Fla. — Adult site owner Chris Wilson, who was facing 301 obscenity charges for posting adult and obscene photos on his website NowThatsFuckedUp.com, has pleaded no contest to a few misdemeanor charges in exchange for dismissal of the felony case and 295 additional misdemeanor charges against him.

Wilson also will avoid jail time and any felony conviction under the terms of his plea agreement. Attorney Lawrence Walters told XBiz that Wilson will pay a fine of $500 and receive a probation period of five years.

Sentencing is scheduled for April 21, at which time Wilson’s probation period will begin. Until that time, he will be allowed to operate his website for up to 90 days. Once his probation period begins, he has agreed to cut ties with the adult Internet business for the duration of his probation period.

Walters added that Wilson denied any fault and maintained his innocence throughout the case, including during plea negotiations.

“We feel this is an appropriate resolution for Mr. Wilson, which now eliminates any threat of incarceration of additional charges,” Walters told XBiz. “He is relieved to put this behind him, and is considering some other future opportunities.”

Walters added that defense counsel still expects the appellate court to issue a ruling regarding why it granted Wilson’s release from Polk County Jail at the end of December, which could “significantly impact many legal issues relating to Internet obscenity cases.”

Wilson’s plea was entered today in Polk County Circuit Court, after lengthy plea negotiations that occurred after his release from jail.

Wilson’s site was back in business earlier this week, with many of the adult images and content restored.

Wilson was initially arrested on Oct. 7 by Polk County sheriff's deputies, but he posted bail and continued operating his website. However, in December, Judge Dale Durrance revoked Wilson’s $151,000 bail and remanded him to custody at Polk County Jail, though all explicit material had been removed from his site by that time. Wilson was originally denied immediate release during December, before an appellate court reversed the decision and granted his release on Dec. 29.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Pearl Industry Network Launches 'TrustLink' Verification Platform for Creators

Trade group Pearl Industry Network (PiN) has launched TrustLink, its free verification platform for creators.

UPDATED: Supreme Court Rejects Tariffs, Trump Responds

The U.S. Supreme Court on Friday ruled against the Trump administration’s sweeping tariffs, which have significantly impacted the pleasure industry, prompting the president to announce a new tariff strategy as a workaround.

FSC Updates Complaint in Tennessee AV Case, AG Motions to Dismiss

The Free Speech Coalition this week filed an amended complaint in its lawsuit challenging the Protect Tennessee Minors Act as unconstitutional, in response to which the Tennessee attorney general motioned for dismissal of the case.

Cherie DeVille Joins Woodhull Freedom Foundation 'Free Speech' Panel

Multi-XMAs winner Cherie DeVille will join the upcoming Woodhull Freedom Foundation panel series "Fact Checked by Woodhull," addressing free speech on Feb. 26.

Wisconsin AV Bill Moves Ahead, Minus Anti-VPN Provisions

The Wisconsin state Senate on Wednesday advanced a bill that would require adult websites to verify the ages of users, but approved an amendment striking proposed language that would have required sites to block virtual private network traffic.

Pineapple Support Introduces 'Wellbeing by PS' Service

Pineapple Support has debuted its new Wellbeing by PS service, providing mental health support packages for companies and agencies.

MyMember.site Integrates Bluesky Functionality

MyMember.site has added Bluesky features to its website management platform.

GirlsDoPorn Defendants Ordered to Pay Victims $75.5 Million

A federal court has ordered former GirlsDoPorn owner Michael Pratt and his co-defendants in the GDP sex trafficking case to pay restitution totaling $75,568,283.47 to 106 victims.

SWR Data Publishes 'Clip Trend' Report

Adult industry market research firm SWR Data has published a report on clip platform performance and sales.

Another German Court Rejects Blocking Orders Against Pornhub, YouPorn

A German court has blocked the Rhineland-Palatinate Media Authority (MA RLP) from forcing telecom providers based within the court’s jurisdiction to cut off access to Aylo-owned adult sites Pornhub and YouPorn.

Show More