Chris Wilson Ordered Released From Jail

LAKELAND, Fla. — Alleged obscene picture peddler Chris Wilson today has been ordered released from jail by a Florida appellate court, after initially being denied immediate release last week.

Wilson’s attorney, Lawrence Walters, said details are unknown, but the court’s full opinion should be released soon. He added that defense counsel is currently focusing on the logistics of Wilson’s release and is working with his family to coordinate retrieval from the jail where he’s being held.

“We're obviously elated by the court's order and anxious to see the full opinion of the court detailing the reasons why [Chris] Wilson's detention has been found to be illegal,” Walters said. “It is unfortunate that he needed to endure this unlawful and unnecessary stay in custody and we look forward to fully vindicating our client's rights in the future.”

Wilson operates the amateur-wife-and-girlfriend website NowThatsFuckedUp.com and was arrested in October on 301 felony counts for obscene photos police allegedly found on his site, though he removed all explicit material from the site in early December.

Defense counsel also is currently seeking to remove Judge J. Dale Durrance from the case. Earlier this month, Durrance revoked Wilson’s $151,000 bail and remanded him to custody at Polk County Jail after prosecutors contended that the continued use of his site violated the conditions of his release.

“[Chris] Wilson never intended to violate any condition of release and has always tried to comply with any restrictions of which he was aware,” Walters said. “The state just went too far in trying to use continued operation of the website against him as a basis for revoking bond. The First Amendment allows all citizens to communicate through the Internet and nobody should be punished for engaging in free expression before anything has been found illegal or obscene.”

A pretrial conference is set for Feb. 7, at which time a trial date could be set.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Show More