Wilson’s Bail Revoked, Held Without Bond

BARTOW, Fla. — After alleged obscene picture peddler Chris Wilson was accused of violating his bail agreement last week, Judge J. Dale Durrance has revoked Wilson’s bail and remanded him to Polk County Jail.

Wilson, who is currently being held in protective custody, operates an amateur-wife-and-girlfriend website, NowThatsFuckedUp.com. Prosecutors contended that the continued use of the site violated the conditions of Wilson's release and filed a motion to revoke his $151,000 bail, state attorney’s office spokesman Chip Thullbery said.

Wilson, 28, was arrested in October and is facing 301 obscenity charges for photos police allegedly found on his site, though he removed all explicit material from the site earlier this month. A pretrial conference is set for Feb. 7 at which time a trial date could be set.

“This decision was in violation of Florida law,” defense attorney Lawrence Walters said. “The court must, after determining that the bond was breached, conduct an additional inquiry whether any other conditions of release could be imposed that would protect the community from physical danger. This must be established by proof beyond a reasonable doubt, in order for the court to order pretrial detention, without bond.”

He added that the Florida Constitution guarantees a right to pretrial release and that denying bail is generally reserved only for defendants facing capital or life offenses, or those proved to be physically dangerous.

The court rejected attempts by defense counsel to re-open the hearing to address these issues, to discuss the issue of physical danger or to seek a stay of proceedings. Walters said defense counsel is currently evaluating various options for reversing, modifying or enjoining the pretrial detention decision.

Previous issues waiting to be addressed include deciding whether Polk County standards will apply to the case and whether Florida’s obscenity law is unconstitutional under the First and Fourteenth amendments. Hearings on those matters are set for March 2006. Wilson has already moved from Polk County to Orange County, Calif.

Walters said defense counsel attempted to call an expert witness, Dr. Randy Fisher, to the stand to testify on behalf of Wilson about the images found by police and other similar material. Florida law allows defendants in bond revocation proceedings to call witnesses in their defense, however, the court sustained the state’s objection to Fisher’s testimony.

Additionally, Walters said defense counsel requested Durrance disqualify himself from hearing the case because “we discovered that he has a serious eyesight infirmity, which will require surgery in the near future.”

“We argued that the judge would be physically incapable of focusing on the nuances required in reviewing images or video clips alleged to be obscene, and in applying [a] complex test to those images,” Walters said.

However, the court denied the motion to disqualify, without comment, as well as denied defense counsel’s request for a stay of proceedings, he said.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Show More