Wilson Could Lose Bail

BARTOW, Fla. — The trials and tribulations of accused obscene picture peddler Chris Wilson continued this week when a judge ordered him to appear in court and face possible revocation of his bail.

Prosecutors are hoping Judge J. Dale Durrance will agree with allegations that Wilson violated his bail agreement when he allowed his amateur-wife-and-girlfriend site, NowThatsFuckedUp.com, to continue operating while he awaits trial.

Wilson removed all explicit material from the site earlier this month, although the infamous pictures of “war gore” that first made headlines still remain.

If Durrance revokes Wilson’s bail, he will be forced to remain at Polk County Jail throughout the duration of his impending trial, where he faces 301 obscenity charges for photos police allegedly found on his site.

“It is with some regret that we must inform our users that this website has been forced to remove all sexually explicit content at this time,” reads the front page of NowThatsFuckedUp.com. “The owner of the site is being threatened with jail by Polk County, Fla., authorities if any obscene images appear on the site. Since nobody can tell, in advance, whether an image might be found obscene by some judge or jury, we have chosen to remove all explicit content at this time.”

The legal dilemma for prosecutors now is to convince Judge Durrance that Wilson is still subject to Polk County, Fla., law, where the initial charges originally took place. However, Wilson has since moved out of Polk County, leaving some to question how local standards can still be applied to his case.

Also at issue is the fact that the obscene pictures in question have yet to be proven obscene. If Wilson’s bail is revoked for an as-of-yet unproven crime, defense attorneys said, it would be a prior restraint of free speech.

Derek Brett, one of Wilson’s attorneys, has told Judge Durrance he needs at least a half a day to make his case on Friday, as opposed to the normal 30 minutes allocated for bail hearings, because of the complicated nature of the case.

No word from Judge Durrance yet as to whether he will grant Brett’s request.

A trial date for Wilson has yet to be set.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Pineapple Support Introduces 'Wellbeing by PS' Service

Pineapple Support has debuted its new Wellbeing by PS service, providing mental health support packages for companies and agencies.

MyMember.site Integrates Bluesky Functionality

MyMember.site has added Bluesky features to its website management platform.

GirlsDoPorn Defendants Ordered to Pay Victims $75.5 Million

A federal court has ordered former GirlsDoPorn owner Michael Pratt and his co-defendants in the GDP sex trafficking case to pay restitution totaling $75,568,283.47 to 106 victims.

SWR Data Publishes 'Clip Trend' Report

Adult industry market research outfit SWR Data has published a report on the performance of clip platforms and sales.

Another German Court Rejects Blocking Orders Against Pornhub, YouPorn

A German court has blocked the Rhineland-Palatinate Media Authority (MA RLP) from forcing telecom providers based within the court’s jurisdiction to cut off access to Aylo-owned adult sites Pornhub and YouPorn.

Ofcom Fines Kick Online Entertainment $1 Million for AV Noncompliance

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Thursday fined Kick Online Entertainment 800,000 pounds (more than $1 million) for failing to implement age checks as required for compliance with the Online Safety Act.

FSC Details Legislative Outlook for 2026

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) has laid out the legislative outlook for the industry in 2026.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches by Country for December, January

AEBN has released the list of popular searches from its straight and gay theaters, by country, for December and January.

Jim Austin Joins CrakRevenue Team

Online industry veteran and business strategist Jim Austin has been hired by CrakRevenue.

Judge Dismisses NCOSE-Backed Suits Against Adult Sites Over Kansas AV Law

A federal judge on Tuesday dismissed lawsuits brought against two adult websites in Kansas for alleged violations of the state’s age verification law.

Show More