Ira Isaacs: 'I'm Fighting for Our Rights'

LOS ANGELES — Producer Ira Isaac’s attorney, Roger Diamond, has filed a petition for certiorari with the U.S. Supreme Court.

Diamond is asking the high court to review Isaac’s case on the basis of double jeopardy, a procedural defense that forbids a defendant from being tried twice for the same crime on the same set of facts.

“Once the first jury trial began, we were in the middle of a trial," Diamond told XBIZ. "Ira had the right to have his trial concluded. He has a right not to stand trial a second time."

Diamond said if the court decides not to review the case, Isaac’s obscenity trial will start again. If the court does decide to review the case, the judges could either rule to have the case thrown out entirely or affirm the ruling of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeal, which was to allow a re-trial.

“I’m torn,” Isaacs told XBIZ. “One part of me would like to win and walk away but the other part of me wants my day in court. I’m looking forward to going on trial and if I win, it’s a great victory for the 1st Amendment. If I lose, I’ll go to jail, but at least I said my peace.”

Isaacs said that the point of the 1st Amendment is to protect unpopular speech, not popular speech.

“This attack by the moral American religious fanatics is outrageous. It’s a witch hunt. I’m being indicted for moral crimes. We are all willing adults,” he said.

Isaacs added the government is saying Americans have freedom of speech, but with limits. “If you have freedom of speech with limits, that’s not freedom of speech. I’m fighting for the 1st Amendment. I’m not a murderer, or a child molestor and I haven’t stolen any money. I’m an artist whose artistic theme has scientific, artistic and political value.”

Isaacs' obscenity case was put on hold last year after U.S. District Judge Alex Kozinski recused himself after it was revealed that he used a website to distribute sexually explicit photos and videos.

“The judge should not have declared a mistrial. He should have let another judge step in,” Isaacs said.

The U.S. Supreme Court receives nearly 6,000 petitions a year and only reviews about 80 cases. Diamond remains hopeful that Isaac’s case will be heard.

“I have a strong feeling that this is the kind of case they’d want to review,” Diamond said.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

Reagan Foxx Headlines 'Mom's Little Cuck' From Reality Junkies

2023 XMAs MILF Performer of the Year Reagan Foxx toplines "Mom’s Little Cuck" from Mile High Media studio imprint Reality Junkies.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Clémence Audiard on Blending Gonzo With High-Style Eroticism

There's an unmistakable radiance that surrounds Clémence Audiard — a glow born of the power to manifest her own vision. With Clemence Crave, her self-funded and self-directed production house, Audiard has sculpted a universe entirely her own.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Sofie Marie Makes Her WIFEY Debut

Sofie Marie stars with her husband Spike, Dan Damage, and Isiah Maxwell in the latest release from Vixen Media Group studio imprint WIFEY.

Elegant Angel Debuts James Avalon Drama 'Summer & Joy'

Elegant Angel has released the first installment of the James Avalon-helmed drama "Summer & Joy."

Octavia Red Stars in 'Lipstick on the Glass' From Deeper

Reigning XMAs Girl/Girl Performer of the Year Octavia Red stars with Ashley Lane and Mannie Coco in "Lipstick on the Glass," from Vixen Media Group studio imprint Deeper.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

Show More