According to Holly, WIA's mission is to empower women professionals in the adult industry with a wide range of professional development and networking opportunities, and to create a forum where women can speak their minds freely and build strategic alliances with other women in the industry.
"In time, WIA will offer both women and men in this industry networking opportunities, a business directory, benefits, local chapters, business partner discounts and much, much more," Board President Lori Z told XBiz. "First and foremost is building the infrastructure for WIA and so far our first goal has been accomplished. I am proud to contribute."
Holly told XBiz that her new appointees are a "nice mix for WIA" and while she doesn't know everyone personally, she feels that the new group will take the lead in bringing structure and recognition to WIA.
The new board is scheduled to meet for the first time on Friday, Oct. 3 for a meet-and-greet session and a discussion of shared tasks, coming events, current issues facing women in adult, and the mission of WIA.
"It's about getting the word out and coming together on the same goal," Holly told XBiz. "It's not about titles. We need to have leadership and to have people take responsibility."
Holly explained her choice in appointing two family members to the WIA board as doling out the more "treacherous" work to her mother and sister, so as not to burden the rest of the board with more work than they can handle in any given month.
Shelly Moss will serve as Treasurer for WIA and Bonnie Moss will serve as Secretary.
"WIA's time has come," Lori told XBiz. "Establishing a board is necessary for the organizational structure, growth and vision of WIA. It needs people who are committed and believe in this organization. Building an organization is not an overnight process. It takes work to achieve a successful result and we are committed to making that happen."
Newly appointed Board Vice President Amparo Alcarez told XBiz that during her time on the board she hopes to accomplish awareness in the industry regarding women.
"We're trying to make women more aware that there are ways to move up into the system and that they are not alone," she said. "We also want to stress that we work hand-in-hand with men in this industry and we want them to participate as much as possible with WIA."
New WIA Board Members:
- Chairman/Founder: Holly Moss, Founder HMoss Consulting
- President: Lori Z, Director of Strategic Marketing and Business Development for XBiz
- Vice President: Amparo Alcarez, Sales Manager for PayCom.net
- Treasurer: Shelly Moss
- Secretary: Bonnie Moss
- Communications Director: Rainey Stricklin, Director of Sales for XXXCash
- Creative Director: Ashley Fonenot of AshleyFonenot.com
- West Coast Membership Representative: Tina Fiora of Video Secrets
- Midwest Membership Representative: Beth Belcher of TabooTracking
- East Coast Membership Representative: Lori Deak of MenOnTheNet.com
- Events Coordinator: Ani Vartonian of AdultLounge
- Events Coordinator: Lisa Rodriguez of TopBucks
- Media Advisor: Jen Rosenblatt of AVN
- Advisory Counsel: Joan Irvine, Executive Director of ASACP
- Administrator: Tammi Haney, Sales Manager for Electracash.
- International Liason: Tanja Raham, Managing Director for goodthinxx.com
According to Holly, the WIA website is currently under construction and is expected to be completed in November.
The Women in Adult message board can be found at: http://boards.xbiz.com/