CEO Sued by Amex for Topless Bar Bill

NEW YORK — Don’t leave home without it, unless, perhaps, like Robert McCormick, you plan to spend nearly a quarter of a million dollars at a topless club with it.

Officials at American Express announced earlier this week they were suing McCormick, CEO of multi-million dollar communications company Savvis, for $241,000 in disputed credit card charges, all incurred at Scores, a Manhattan topless club.

McCormick isn’t denying he visited the club, but claims “only” $20,000 of the charges was actually his.

“We firmly believe that Mr. McCormick was the victim of fraud,” said Savvis' Deputy General Deena Williamson in a prepared statement.

No further information was given by representatives at Savvis or American Express, but court documents claim American Express asked McCormick for written evidence that his charges were fraudulent on “several occasions,” and that McCormick never followed through with the company’s request.

This is not the first time Scores has been at the center of a contested credit card controversy, however, and anyone familiar with the industry can attest that overcharges are frequently claimed by topless club patrons.

The McCormick case is at least the third to hit Scores, which was sued by two previous patrons for disputed $28,000 and $129,000 bills.

Lonnie Hanover, a Scores spokesman, declined to comment on how McCormick incurred the charges, but said many elite patrons spend up to $10,000 for lap dances at the club. Hanover also said that every time a customer spends more than $10,000, the customer’s credit card company is notified for approval.

“We [get] authorization for all of the charges,” Hanover said. “We followed proper procedures and documentation, and we were paid.”

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Brazil Invites Public Input on AV Guidelines

Brazil’s National Data Protection Authority (ANPD) on Friday launched a public consultation on developing guidelines for age verification mechanisms under the country’s Digital Statute for Children and Adolescents (Digital ECA), which requires adult websites to age-verify users located in Brazil.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

FTC Promises 'Vigorous' TAKE IT DOWN Act Enforcement

The Federal Trade Commission is warning platforms that the agency will strongly enforce the notice-and-removal requirements of the TAKE IT DOWN Act, which go into effect next week on May 19.

Court of International Trade Rejects Trump 'Replacement' Tariffs

The U.S. Court of International Trade on Thursday ruled that President Trump’s 10% global tariff under the Trade Act of 1974, imposed after the Supreme Court invalidated the administration’s broad “Liberation Day” tariff regime, is illegal — but stopped short of a nationwide injunction against the tariff.

Show More