Adult Toy Design Contest Extended

HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. — Sex information group The Sinclair Institute and its retail website BetterSex.com have extended their adult toy design contest until further notice, as the institute searches for the next great adult toy engineer/designer.

“We want to find and help as many cool designers as possible,” BetterSex.com Marketing Director Martin Smith said. “We know there are creative homemade toys out there and one of them could be worth $100,000. Wish I had had that kind of help."

Last year, BetterSex awarded its Better Sex Toy of the Year medal to the We-Vibe, an innovative U-shaped silicone vibrator that can be used during intercourse.

A website has been established where designers can send pictures of a working homemade sex toy design with notes on how the sex toy works and materials used, or video of a working homemade sex toy design with notes or narrative on how the toy works and materials used, or scale drawings of a homemade sex toy design with notes on scale and size.

For all entries, copyright remains with the designer.

“We leave copyright with the creator as we do with our Fiction Contest,” Smith said. “We are granted a limited release to anonymously publish designs for a community vote. Rights to the design only transfer when we have a winner and if they sign a licensing deal.”

Information on the contest can be found at the BetterSex.com website, which has links to the site to receive submissions and a complete list of rules and regulations.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Nexus Expands 'Bendz' Collection

Nexus has introduced a collection of anal plugs from its Bendz line.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Orion Debuts 2 New Styles From Cottelli Lingerie

Orion Wholesale has introduced two new styles from its Cottelli Lingerie line.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Magic Silk Expands 'Exposed' Line With 'Sinful' Collection

Magic Silk has expanded its Exposed line of lingerie with the Sinful collection.

Inside the Impact of New AV Laws on Sex Toy Ecommerce

Over the past few years, age verification (AV) has gone from a niche policy discussion to a very real, very immediate concern for anyone operating in the adult space.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

Orion Debuts New Styles From 'Svenjoyment' Line

Orion Wholesale has released three new styles from its Svenjoyment undergarment line.

Show More