FSC’s mission is to lead, protect and support the growth and well being of the adult entertainment community.
As the industry’s trade association, FSC: is a voice of pride for industry; supports and enhances member businesses through value-added member benefits; and serves as the watchdog for the industry through lobbying and litigation.
Here’s a list of our accomplishments in ’09:
- Located production insurance for adult industry producers after the industry was dropped by its only production insurance provider.
- Fought back mandatory condom legislation for California adult production sites.
- Brought key VOD companies and major producers together to develop strategies to combat copyright infringement.
- Defeated a California bill proposing a 20 percent sales tax on adult entertainment products.
- Met with staffers from top leadership at our nation’s capital telling the truth about the adult entertainment industry as a legal, vital part of today’s economy as well as a key component to quality of life for many U.S. citizens.
- Developed and distributed template workplace safety manuals for adult businesses to FSC members.
- Coordinated efforts to push back unwarranted fines and regulations from Cal-OSHA.
- Worked with AIM and industry professionals to develop industry friendly best practices around Cal-OSHA focused blood borne pathogen risk reduction.
- Brought a representative from the FTC to an industry panel to discuss fraud and pitfalls the industry should avoid.
- Added HR Monster human resources consulting firm to FSC member benefits.
- Filed lawsuit with an injunction against the federal government challenging 2257 as unconstitutional.
FSC ongoing support services:
- Weekly X-Press e-newsletter with business and legal news, FSC announcements, member profiles and original articles.
- Nationwide legal referrals to adult industry member attorneys.
- 50-state legislative tracking.
- Newly updated FSC website with breaking news, as well as downloadable forms, and referral information for members only.
- Discounts on products from FSC-affiliated vendors, including U.S.C. 18 2257 record-keeping software, comprehensive insurance plans, financial planning and more.
- E-mail alerts on breaking legal news.
- Trade show seminars and special events featuring expert speakers and sponsorship opportunities.
- Targeted marketing opportunities to FSC membership.
- Lobbying efforts in Sacramento and Washington D.C.
- Ongoing litigation to challenge anti-adult legislation that impacts adult businesses.
- Presenting a positive voice to the media.
- Resourcing information for industry members on major legal issues.
- Grassroots organizing to promote and protect the rights of adult industry members and consumers.