BARCELONA — ExoClick has announced celebration of its "first decade of ad network excellence and innovation."
Founded by CEO Benjamin Fonzé back in 2006, the company has grown to become the fourth largest ad network in the world, serving 5.5 billion daily impressions and employing 113 people at offices in Barcelona, Madrid, Valencia (Spain) and Dublin (Ireland).
According to Fonzé, the company’s growth has been quite a journey and he is proud of what ExoClick has achieved in its first decade of operation.
“We have grown the company by always reinvesting the profits we have generated, developing our business and expansion in a cautious way,” Fonzé explains. “Whereas many other companies invest in marketing and sales, we have always put technology first, so that our clients have the right tools to generate the highest possible revenues.”
“I am also proud to say that we have a great team of experts driving ExoClick’s business forward,” Fonzé adds. “Our team of talent is made up of 24 different nationalities, each experienced in their own local markets, which gives us unique edge over our competitors.”
Fonzé lists 10 significant ExoClick innovations as examples of the company’s success, including:
- Behavioral retargeting (2012)
- Big Data tools giving advertisers and publishers access to real-time statistics (2014)
- An admin panel Android app allowing clients to access their admin panel from mobile devices (2014)
- HTTPS ad tags for a fully secured user browsing experience (2014)
- Global mobile carrier targeting to cover every country and operator (2015)
- Platform API enabling third-party developers to create bespoke automation software and plug-ins (2015)
- An Android SDK for in-app banner advertising (2015)
- The NeverBlock tool for circumventing ad-blocking software to increase publisher revenues (2016)
- Advanced video advertising options (2016)
- The release of the Fluid Player open source HTML 5 video player (2016)
ExoClick has also won several mainstream industry awards, including the Deloitte Fast 500 three years consecutively (2012, 2013, and 2014); and was ranked number 11 in the Top 20 Best Workplaces in Spain (2014). ExoClick is certified as a Great Place to Work in Spain (2016); and is ranked 812 in the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in Europe (2016). It also won Spanish National Champion and the Ruban d’Honneur award for The Business of the Year with a Turnover of €26-150m for 2015/16 at the European Business Awards.
As for the future, Fonzé says the company has some exciting innovations planned.
“We will continue to diversify, expanding our business and our technology in an ever changing digital marketplace,” Fonzé concludes. “[This will ensure] that our clients are able to maximize their opportunities and revenues on the ExoClick platform.”
For more information, read the interview with Fonzé here.