According to the report, straight viewers in California watched far more pornographic films via VOD streaming during April than people in any other state.
"The results from April of this year are pretty much in line with the populations of the states, although the fact that New York edged out Texas was somewhat of a surprise since there are four million more people in Texas," said Jerry Anders, vice president of sales and marketing.
Following California in the rankings were New York, Texas and Florida. The horniest heterosexuals were found in Los Angeles, New York City, Houston, Miami, San Francisco, Rochester, Dallas and Orlando.
In Canada, the three horniest cities, based on minute sales, were Toronto, Montreal and Calgary, the report said.
"What we continue to see are users looking for less conventional sex," Anders said. "While this doesn't mean that the missionary position is out of favor, it does show that the global community is not against exploring other options."
AEBN reports the top five VOD movies in April were:
- "Sorry Daddy, Whitezilla Split My Little ***hole” starring Debbie White and released by Hush Hush Entertainment;
- “Prison Girls,” an HD movie from Elegant Angel Productions starring Alexis Texas, Bobbi Starr and Lily Labeau;
- “The Stepmother 4,” from Mile High Media/Sweet Sinner starring Julia Ann and directed by Nica Noelle;
- “Friends and Family 2” from Smash Pictures, AEBN's 2011 Studio of the Year, shot in HD and released exclusively to AEBN 30 days before the DVD went on sale nationwide; and,
- “Monsters of Jizz 31: Step-Dad's A Pervert” from Image Video.
Euro kink studio BerlinStar Film was acknowledged for its shemale release, “Bitch Boys,” the second transsexual film to date from a studio that usually produces gay content.
Based on VOD purchases, top gay cities in the U.S. in April 2011 included Chicago, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Boston and Cambridge. In the U.K., the most VOD action came from London, Kensington and Lambeth.
A complete listof the top 10 straight and gay VOD purchases for April 2011 is available at here.