CANOGA PARK, Calif. — The Free Speech Coalition's Board of Directors has voted to support the creation of Adult Performers Health and Safety Services (APHSS) as a result of conversations with producers, agents and performers, and in response to the closing of AIM.
The entity will focus on performer health and safety and coordinate heath protocols and services for adult productions. FSC said that included in this effort will be:
• Selection of high quality, industry-friendly and affordable testing and treatment facilities for adult performers
• Provision of a secure database to provide information to performers and producers on performer availability based on industry protocol.
• Provision of resources for compliance with workplace safety procedures for producers
• Provision of training about STI prevention and treatment for performers
• Creation of a six-person advisory board to assist with adult production health and safety policy and oversight. The Board will consist of three performers, one attorney, one sexual health expert and one producer.
• Coordination of industry practices and protocols concerning health and safety for adult production
FSC next week will announce the time and date for a combined meeting of producers, directors, performers and agents. The details of APHSS will be discussed at that meeting as well as APHSS’ expected launch date.