Sportsheets International Announces Sex In The Shower Display Contest

HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. — In its first-ever retail display contest, Sportsheets International is calling all retailers to put their best display forward in the Sex In The Shower retail display contest.

Sportsheets is awarding more than $5,000 in cash and $5,000 in product prizes to retailers showcasing Sex In The Shower displays in April and May. Sportsheets said it is teaming up with retailers to help add spice to their displays and drive traffic to the bath and body section of their stores.

Julie Stewart, Sportsheets International vice president, said the contest is a good opportunity for retailers to start a bath and body section if they don’t have one already.

“There has never been a better time to create one in your store, and rhe Sex In The Shower products can be an powerful draw for that department,” Stewart said. “Besides the bed, the shower is the most popular place in the house where couples go to have sex.”

The top four finishers in the brick and mortar store category and 10 honorable mentions will receive the following cash rewards: first place receives $2,000, second place receives $1,500, third place receives $1,000, fourth Place receives $500 and 10 additional winners each receive $500 retail value worth of Sex in the Shower products.

“At this time of year following the Valentines season when sales are slower, Sex In The Shower display contest is a sure-fire and fun way to attract customers to the bath and body department and encourage them to buy Sex In The Shower products along with other bath and body items the retailer may already carry,” said Todd Carter, Sportsheets director of marketing. “We expect many entries this year. Many retail managers who already have displays set up in their stores are eager to share how they have marketed and displayed this new product line as well as compete for the cash and product prizes. They know the contest is a win-win opportunity — a chance to win cash plus see an increase in product sales.”

Entries will be posted on the Sex in the Shower Facebook page where fans of the page will vote for their favorite display. The fan vote will account for 25 percent of the vote with the other 75 percent coming from a Board of Selectors, comprised of industry media and novelty manufacturing professionals, who will judge the entries on specific criteria outlined in the contest rules.

To get started on the contest and contest rules, email info@sportsheets.com or call (800) 962-4606 to request in-store display starter kits that include adhesive vinyl wall display poster, two logo signs, 12 “I Love Sex in the Shower” buttons and 12 mini-massage soaps.