BBW Suit Against Adultcon Attracts Mainstream Media Attention

Nikki Tang
LOS ANGELES — The suit against Adultcon by a quartet of BBW performers is attracting mainstream attention, notably becoming the subject of a Kelly's Court segment of "America's Newsroom" on Fox News.

Adultcon also issued a press release on Tuesday discussing the suit and its circumstances, a gesture that Michael Fattorosi of Fattorosi & Associates, attorney for BBW performers Desiree Devine, Subrina Love, Chocolate Nights and Farrah Foxx, finds unusual.

"It struck me as odd that Adultcon would put out a press release about them being defendants in a lawsuit for discriminating against my clients," he told XBIZ. "Most of the time, the companies that are defendants don't draw attention to the suit. The individuals filing the lawsuits are the ones issuing press releases. But I and my clients thank Adultcon for the publicity on this case."

Renaud West, Adultcon operator, declined to comment on the latest media attention surrounding the case, but reiterated a statement from the company press release that said, "Our company policy has always been to vigorously defend against any and all lawsuits. We would look forward to litigating the case and appreciate the publicity."

In the Kelly's Court segment, host Megyn Kelly, along with Fox News legal analyst Arthur Aidala and defense attorney Mark Eiglarsh, relayed the basic circumstances surrounding the suit and named and briefly discussed the BBW performers, but did not mention Adultcon by name.

"I noticed that nowhere in the Fox News story did they mention the name of Adultcon," Fattorosi said. "But I believe Kelly's Court is very entertaining. I always like the spin they put on it — they make something as mundane as a lawsuit interesting."

The suit, filed by the performers last month, alleges that they were denied exhibitor access to the Adultcon show in December after West and others at Adultcon viewed their photos and intentionally discriminated against them on the basis of their "weight, obesity and physical appearance."

In the press release, Adultcon said the women were offered booths at the show following the legal threat, and that the offer was denied, which "leads us to believe that they were looking for a quick pay day and not really interested in exhibiting."

The performers were not available for comment at time of post.

The next Adultcon show takes place this weekend at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Related: